Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
prolly been done before but o well. whats your guys favorite track and why?
Mine would have to be VIR north. love the fast pace and heavy breaking, has a little bit of everything.

Now you guys....

·
Registered
885 Posts
In order

1) Calabogie Motorsports. It has everything I want in a track. Width (40' wide) length (3.02 miles) elevation changes, high speed "sweeper" turns, technical turns, increasing radius, decreasing radius, positive and negative camber.

2) VIR North

3) Summit point main

4) Carolina Motorsports Park

5) NJMP Lightning

6) Pocono FUSA

7) Beaverun

8) Pocono East

9) VIR Patriot

10) Pocono West

11) Pocono North - I could list my driveway and it would rate above this debacle.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
My experience is limited as well.

I used to think Road America just kicked ass....I love going there just because its a great facility (pits, bathrooms, upkeep etc), nice surface, lots of elevation changes. But its not so technical...very few of the corners tie together.

Brainerd was fun my first time this year, but the track is no more...not the layout I did anyway...nor did I have the stones required for turn 1.

I can say I hate Grattan....the whole blind entry, jump, off camber made-from-asphalt-patch thing is not for a guy with 2 kids and a mortgage.

Hoping to hit Putnam next year.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Barber is my favorite because it has awesome elevation changes, and a very nice paddock.

The campground has an awesome view of the track, but the resident Sasquatch in the woods that stalks you when you grill hotdogs is pretty scary.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I'm gonna wait and go back whenever I can test ride the new R1 at Barber. :evil6:

·
Registered
186 Posts
My current fav track is VIR, but I am hitting up Barber next weekend, so that may change!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Barber is an absolutely fantastic track. Besides having a great surface, wide track, and being very technical, the facilities are world class. It's like someone dropped a race cource in the middle of a country club. Then there is the museum!!!

Mid Ohio is a great track too.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I can say I hate Grattan....the whole blind entry, jump, off camber made-from-asphalt-patch thing is not for a guy with 2 kids and a mortgage.
Well said! I think that same thing everytime I go over the washboard areas at Mid America Motorplex.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Miller, Laguna Seca, and Infinion

Miller - the best flowing track in the USA, very wide, many lines, lot's of safe runoff
Laguna - Great history, very technical, the excitement of the USGP is always there - not so great runoff in some areas, IT get's cold and slippery in the corkscrew in the sholder season when they allow trackdays

Infinion - technical, in the Sonoma Hills, beautiful, gets very difficult when you try to shave seconds off.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well there's nowhere that states you had to be there before so.........Nurburgring. No track anywhere around the world can compare, it's got every type of turn and beautiful scenery. I'd love to get the chance to drive/ride it in real life and not just virtually.

Locally, Tremblant and the ICAR circuit.

·
Registered
995 Posts
somewhat in order

Mosport
VIR North
Loudon
Pocono FUSA
Summit Main
Jennings GP
CMP old config. (haven't rode the new layout)
Pocono East
Summint Shenandoah (worst track i've ever rode, you couldn't pay me to ride it again)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts