Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Dainese, by far the best! But I do have some JR stuff too. Spidi is decent and Alpinestars too. But Dainese is the sh!t.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Mr Rocket's gear is about the only gear I can afford. I wouldn't say it's the best. And his stuff seems to hold up well in crashes.

Vanson seems nice too, my buddy has a jacket and he loves it.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Spidi CarboTech Gloves are excellent, supple in the right place
and thick leather where you usually (instinctively) put your hands
out to land.

My Arai RX7RR-v4 helmet is bloody great, no complaints at all.

My Draggin' Jeans are good, seen a guy come off doing 150km/hr
(94mph) and had no problems on his legs. His broken shoulder
was another matter!

My Rivet boots are OK.
My RJays jacket is [email protected]#ing crap. The leather has "gone off" or
something. I tried some combined waterproof+treatment and it
didn't help it. I'm going to have to try something else and
if that doesn't work I'll have to take it up with the shop.

Dan.

---
'01 ZX6R Blue

·
Registered
333 Posts
What about helmets ?
I have a Suomy Pitt replica great helmet.

mario

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dan
try Renapur leather balsam. Its that stuff those people shine your leather boots at all that shows and expo's.
I bought mine at the Superbikes at Phillip Island a few years ago
and every now and then I do my leathers and they come up like new.

mario

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Simpson bandit helmet that is custom painted and has a dark tinte screen on it. I LOVE IT!!! People always say I look like the guy from the predator movie.... its great!! I have owned HJC helmets but I think they are to big.

·
Registered
147 Posts
my HJC felt too small when i got it, but it stretched like crazy and now it is too big. i guess you pretty much get what you pay for, it was one of the cheaper priced helmets and i spent all my money at the time on my jacket so... tried a shoei on the other day, felt very nice. i wish dealers would let you try them on and go for a ride. what i hate most about mine is wind noise, my next helmet will hopefully not have as much wind noise as my current.

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yep, the Shoei is the best. Try them on and it's like the Mercedes of Helmets. Great ventilation and a great fit. Costs more but worth every penny.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP LP flushmount v's, tank guard.

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got my black Joe Rocket Pheonix Jacket in and I love it!!! It breaths great with the mesh.... I also got Joe Rocket green/black lightspeed gloves in and they feel great!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got the Phoenix in black and white. It is a great jacket but mine already ripped at one of the seems for the vents?? Other than this, it is a good jacket. Overall, I like it but the leather is the only thing that makes me feel really protected. My JR gloves kick ass too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you want a mesh jacket, I'd strongly recommend the Fieldsheer Titanium Air over the Phoenix. Has better armor, and costs less.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
quote:
I got the Phoenix in black and white...but the leather is the only thing that makes me feel really protected.
I thought the phoenix was leather-free, do you maybe have one of those Reactor ones? I'm not trying to bust your balls, i'm just curiuos.

Another competitor to the phoenix that I've heard good things about (CE approved armor) is the Spidi Net jacket. Think it's more $$$ though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
quote:
I thought the phoenix was leather-free, do you maybe have one of those Reactor ones? I'm not trying to bust your balls, i'm just curiuos.

Another competitor to the phoenix that I've heard good things about (CE approved armor) is the Spidi Net jacket. Think it's more $$$ though.
No, I meant that I like leather jackets better than the mesh.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like leather jackets but they get so hot in the summer, specially when you are sitting in trafic on hot pavement.... that sucks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.