Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea its been disgussed to death but even so I would like to see the variety of the answers on this...

I know most guys change in the first 100 miles and then after that 500 then 1000 and then 2000...

Anyone have a sugesstion...

I did mine a bit differently and havnt had problems...

So far... i did mine at 20miles then waited till 1000 to do the next one... and im slowly creeping up on 2000 and thinking about changing now... anyone else??

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Hmmm

1000km then 6000, then every 6000 there-after.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a quick question about this.

I live in the high desert in socal.. temps usally get around 110+ during the day, I was wondering which type of oil to use. I was told before to use synth. after my first 3k miles.. when I went to the local bike shop they told me to use 10w40..
So which type of oil should I be running in my bike.. ty

·
Registered
108 Posts

I live in the high desert in socal.. temps usally get around 110+ during the day, I was wondering which type of oil to use. I was told before to use synth. after my first 3k miles.. when I went to the local bike shop they told me to use 10w40..

Oil comes in synthetic, or in mineral or in a synthetic/mineral mix ... 10W40 is the weight of the oil.

I use the kawi brand oil, it has never given me problems and from what I understand is formulated for kawi bikes. Of course, I've heard that Ipone and amsoil are some pretty good brands of oil too

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If you are riding in high temp places or in the summer go to 50-20 w

·
Registered
89 Posts
ty for the info, should I switch out the oil now for 20w50 or wait til the 1k miles

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do what u like... it only helps with keeping the engine a bit cooler and also helps the clutch not slip...

Its thicker than 10w-40

·
Registered
503 Posts
Royal Purple 10W40. I change it once a year if I don't ride much. I was deployed last year so it got changed once. If I ride a lot I change it once every 6 months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i ride 100 miles a day to work, had bike just under 2 months and got 3700 miles on it. i changed my oil at 600 then 3000 next oil change is going to be at 4500-5000 switching to full syn. then every 3000 miles

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did my first @ 50mi and second at 600mi. Planning to do the 3rd at 2500mi and every 2000mi thereafter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
wtf, u guys are really changing your oil at 20 miles?

shoot i did:

1st: 600 miles
2nd: 3000miles

1 - 20 of 23 Posts