Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quick question for you guys. If you only had enough money for 1 new toy for your bike, which one would you pick?
Scotts Steering Dampner, or a new slip on pipe. Maybe like the Aprokavic or Muzzy.

Which one would make the biggest difference. Oh ya and this is for an 03 model

Just wondering,
Trey

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh, really

I thought the Dampner was suppost to be the best mod you could do to the bike?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You guys are crazy to pick a slip on pipe over a scotts. If you have an 03 then the FIRST mod you should get is a scotts. Also the stock pipe does get a lot louder after a few thousand miles. If you dont ride aggresively then you dont need a damper though. But if you like to gun it, do wheelies, or take them twisties nice and tight then a scotts is the only way to go. But if you have 3" chicken strips and use your bike as a carpool then id go with the pipe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Scotts Steering Dampner.. You have to be able to take care of the headshake before you add more HP. I only know one person on a 636 that hasn’t had a headshake and he’s 240+lbs.. If you are under 190 lbs you need a dampner because at 13K+ RPM shifting to third then to fourth your front end will be too light, so if you hit a nasty piece of road you’ll wish you had the dampner.

·
Registered
337 Posts
dampener hands-down on almost any bike. If you actually ride your bike, it's a great upgrade for peace of mind, better performance, and pushing the limits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Scotts!! My girlfriend has a black 636, I have a silver 636. She has a stock can and I have a Micron. We both have a Scotts however. I'd get rid of the Micron way before I give up the Scotts. If you ride you really ned the Scotts. The stock pipe sounds great after it gets some miles on it. Plus you can really hear the ram air come on with the stock can!!! What a RUSH! Go for the Scotts!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
tommyboynjataol said it all. Depends on your riding. I had my first headshake a few weeks ago and it scared the shit out of me. The longer you ride, the braver you tend to get. I/m used to flying in the air, it's different on the ground...You can always get the can later...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
the dampner cost around $500, you can find a used can for $150. get both!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The damper is my top choice,since everytime I pull the front wheel up it wobbles a little on the landing and honestly I'm getting tired of it so i'am getting a rotory type damper in a week or two;)

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
[:M86] It's cool, I used to say dampener all the time too.

Then, someone on THIS BOARD set me straight. LOL

-Flash

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
i may be bias because i've never had headshake. a damper just seems like to much $$ for what it does for the bike. I would much rather have my bike be loud and ad a pony or two than get a damper. Unless you are extremely agressive or do lots of stunting, I don't agree with going for a damper. But if you do what arturo says you might just be a winner!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Get the damper hands down!!! I just installed one on my 02' and love it more than I love the sweet sound of my Muzzy:D. You can get the damper for about 400$ from kneedraggers.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
Head shake on a 6R :O .. you should try an R1 then lol .. damper is a good purchase .. but if I were to make one single purchase .. would be the can Akrapovic .. unless you are going to be tracking the bike .. then buy both and a power commander ;) A tank slapper *as we call it in UK* .. just makes you wake up a bit ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.