Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone used an alignment tool such as "Motion pro" to align rear wheel? is it a waste of money? pro and cons? thanks.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Hi, has anyone used an alignment tool such as "Motion pro" to align rear wheel? is it a waste of money? pro and cons? thanks.
I got one, it works well

pros: double checks your work

cons: its about 15 dollars

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
i also use a tape measure.

or you can get a length of heavy gauge wire, bend a 90 degree hook onto one end and wrap a zip tie around the wire.

insert hook into swingarm pivot and slide zip tie to center of axle. then all you do is move to the other side of the bike and see whether you gotta adjust fore or aft.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have one and it works really well. Just make sure you use it correctly and instead of looking at the tip at the chain near the rear sprocket, really lean in and look at the tip towards the front sprocket to check alignment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i also use a tape measure.

or you can get a length of heavy gauge wire, bend a 90 degree hook onto one end and wrap a zip tie around the wire.

insert hook into swingarm pivot and slide zip tie to center of axle. then all you do is move to the other side of the bike and see whether you gotta adjust fore or aft.
coat hanger and a zip tie works well.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I either use a tape measure, small ruler, or the adjustment lines on the back of the bike if I know they are accurate.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have one and it works really well. Just make sure you use it correctly and instead of looking at the tip at the chain near the rear sprocket, really lean in and look at the tip towards the front sprocket to check alignment.
Agreed. The swingarm notches are horrible references.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Nice, good job man.
spank you sir. gotta love having access to a CNC.

even tho i did that in manual mode just jogging the machine in X,Y and Z.

Agreed. The swingarm notches are horrible references.
troooof

whitey used his penis as a reference for his chain aligner so its off a few degrees

nevahh!!

well, it's gotta be a small chain.. liek for a pocketbike

you know whiteness has a bent penis from personal experience?
shits arrow straight son. ask your grandma

no i asked him if its normal to pee sideways, he said yes
fuck ya nick!! you mom squeezed it too hard that night.. i distinctly remember you wanting to bend it back.. with your bum.

i declined.

i think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts