Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting the rims on my 03 636 stripped and chromed within the next 2 months. But I don't want to wait weeks to get my rims back. The guy here in town (Las Vegas) has sets of rims from 2000-2002 zx6Rs ready for exchange for 500 bucks. I take him my rims, he gives me chromed ones that same day. But I need to know if everything is interchangeable with the 00-02 rims on a 03 636. I believe their dimensions are the same. But I don't know if all the bearings and other crap will fit. Anyone know for sure? Thanks everyone, as usual. Since I am the ONLY 636 rider I know of here, this website is all I got for my annoying questions.[8D]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Aren't the brakes entirely different between the 636 and the older 6R?
That's the sticking point right there.

BC.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
Part# is identical, 41073, looks like just the colours changed
Although the reference number of the pair is the same, the part number of the 2002 front wheel is 41073-1633-xx, and that of the new front wheel is 41073-1689-R2.

You cannot fit the old wheels to the new bike.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks sooo much Rob Lee! I was gonna make teh buy, and just hope to wing it. I guess I will just have to have my rims professionally stripped and polished.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Rob, I thought the difference in the wheel was only the mounting hardware, to make it fit the new forks.
From what I've seen, the actual rim itself is the same.

If so, the new hardware would fit an older wheel.

But I have no direct experience actually trying to swap em out, you might, so I yield to you [8D]

·
Registered
202 Posts
dude,
keep your new rims, you dont know how long thoes other ones have been sitting around. Your are fresh and you wont have to wonder if its the same and drive yourself crazy.

thanks Barry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.