Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the silver 6r with the red rims. Can I use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) to get the goo and chain lube off the rim or will that mess up the anodized aluminum/ rubber tire?

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I have the silver 6r with the red rims. Can I use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) to get the goo and chain lube off the rim or will that mess up the anodized aluminum/ rubber tire?
Not sure if you can or not .... but I use WD-40 and it works great to remove that gunk. It doesn't mess anything up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wasnt sure if alcohol would mess with the anodized rim. I don't think it would hurt the tire if I got on the rubber. Probably not good to get on the rubber constantly, might try it out. Here at work they clean hydraulic parts with alcohol that have rubber O-rings. I think I might just go buy some simple green though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use meguiars wheel cleaner and a bucket of carwash soap and water.

Just leave the wheel cleaner on a section of the wheel at a time for about 20 seconeds, then wipe with the carwash soap and a small sponge. Rinse well and move to the next section.

My wheels are painted and not anodized though so I would try a very small spot first and make sure it does not discolor the wheel.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just use plexsis. That stuff cleans everything!! I hava a seperate towle from the one I use to clean the rest of the bike. I have actually never washed my bike with water. Just wipe it down with plexsis about once a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.