Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an '09 Green 250R and I'm getting too excited for my own good. I've been trying to get one since May, but Canada had a pretty rough shortage and getting one from the states would have made things too expensive.

Sorry to be such a noob, but where are you guys getting that wheel tape? I want to add green stripes to the wheels but I've never really been sure how you guys did it. Do you paint them or just get stuff from a shop. If you guys have any links to the stripes, i'd love to have them. The green reflective stuff I've seen on some of your ninjas looks pretty slick.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I got my reflective blue ones from Tapeworks.com

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just ordered an '09 Green 250R and I'm getting too excited for my own good. I've been trying to get one since May, but Canada had a pretty rough shortage and getting one from the states would have made things too expensive.

Sorry to be such a noob, but where are you guys getting that wheel tape? I want to add green stripes to the wheels but I've never really been sure how you guys did it. Do you paint them or just get stuff from a shop. If you guys have any links to the stripes, i'd love to have them. The green reflective stuff I've seen on some of your ninjas looks pretty slick.

type that in the search!!

or rim tape.
wheel stripes
reflective tape
wheel tape
rim stripes.
onandonandonandon

Reactions: VeX

·
Registered
647 Posts
i guess twat means something bad in bacon? and search is gonna be your new friend, dont be lazy. and thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rim tape is a easy find on ebay.. its cheap too.. As for people complaining about searching i don't get it, its a forum thats what its for, asking questions and sharing ideas... I didn't know it was against the forum laws to ask questions...But i promise i will beg to the forum gods for forgiveness for asking too many questions..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

09's don't come in green...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
they do come in green.
From everything that has been posted so far regarding the 09 250s, multiple sources have confirmed that the 2009 250 will not be available in green. You can only get the 09's in red, black, or blue.

This is, of course, just the information that has been posted on these boards. If you have proof that your dealer is getting a green 2009 for you, then that would be quite interesting.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
From everything that has been posted so far regarding the 09 250s, multiple sources have confirmed that the 2009 250 will not be available in green. You can only get the 09's in red, black, or blue.

This is, of course, just the information that has been posted on these boards. If you have proof that your dealer is getting a green 2009 for you, then that would be quite interesting.
Maybe in Canada they are getting green? Who knows??? :confused:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Does it really matter? just paint it if you have your heart set on green.

BTW I also live in canada and have heard nothing on the '09 250's being green... (like it matters)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Most of the dealers in the US seem to be telling people that kawi will not be producing green in 2009. I've read that it's because it was the lowest selling of all the colors, but I don't think I believe that (I dont think ANY color was a bad seller considering the backorders on them). Green IS kawasaki, so it seems like a weird color to stop making for 09, but that is what people have been reporting that their dealers are telling them.

In any case, I already have my beautiful green 08, so it doesn't make a difference to me :) You may want to double check with your dealer though and make sure you are indeed getting a green 09. It could be just a US thing like kkim mentioned.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
This speculation about the 09 Ninja just kills me. It's not available in green. It's going up $500 because it will have FI. It will be shipping in August, September, January... whatever. None of this is based in fact except for the $500 price increase, because someone posted a dealer memo to "prove" it. But that's just one dealer out of thousands. The way rumors spread on this forum is like the way rumors spread about the neighborhood bingo game being crooked at an old age home.
Why would Kawasaki stop making it's flagship color in '09? Are you aware of a bunch of green '08s still sitting unsold at dealers? Why would Kawasaki add FI to the '09? Not only have they failed to satisfy demand but it was a corporate decision to keep the price down and they still worried about sales during the launch.
Why would they change anything after what happened in 2008?! The answer is that unless they were out of their friggin' minds they wouldn't. So speculate all you want and let it keep you up at night, but my gut and the sales figures tell me that not a damned thing is going to change for 2009.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.