Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody give me some wheelie advice? i've only had my 02 for about a month now, and completely understand how much risk is involved. however, i would eventually like to learn in the safest way possible.

·
Registered
940 Posts
My advice would be to learn your throttle and clutch inside and out before you attempt anything....

and always keep your rear brake covered

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi PTP

Not an expert myself but I would first get used to the front wheel going light. First gear and crack her open gently so that the front wheel lifts say 6-8 inches off the ground. Get used to this feeling (of the front rising) before doing the same but then try to 'carry' the wheel wheel a touch longer.

Once you are used to this and can carry the front say 20 metres you could try flicking the clutch from low speed to pop the front....(but be mega careful with your throttle).

This is the general way of learning wheelies but as i havent even taken delivery of my 636 yet I cant give you any specifics! (see previous post of mine).

(I just got rid of an RSV Mille which would lift the front on the power in 2nd).

Good luck all the same and stay safe dude.

Normski.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
big balls! thats all you need, that and to crack the throttle wide open after you rev to 8k rpm. cover, not hold,the rear brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.