Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my ZX6R for about a month now(Dont worry been on bikes since I was 4). I have no problem with power wheelies in First now I started to clutch it up in second. The question I have on this is when I dump the clutch is it supposed to slip while the front end comes up smoothly or should it be a more sudden jerk? I just want some freedback from stunters who have been using this technique for a while.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
in second, even if you clutch it up and dump it, it should still come up smoothly. A big difference from the 1st gear powers. I am in no way a stunter, but it seemed so much more stable and smoother for me in second. less erradic. [:M117]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. It does come up smoothly I just want to know should the clutch slip while it is coming up?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Once the clutch is fully engaged it shouldn't be slipping unless you have cluthc problems. Once you get good with it you can clutch it straight to BP without even really gaining any speed so it will come up fast.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

The issue i'm running into is when i get to 6000 - 7000 rpm's in second and pull the clutch in slighty and jump the rpm's to 10000 - 11000 rpm's and let go of the clutch it comes up but it seems like the clutch takes a moment to catch up to the engine. I don't get any slippage at any other time at all. Is this feeling commom or is it time to change the plates or any other simple adjustment? Any and all feedback will be very much appricated.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
that sounds about right. when i clutch it up in second it comes up very smooth and predictable. only differernce for me is how fast i'm going when i do the wheelie. for instance if i clutch it up at around 45-50 it comes up a lot smoother then if i were to clutch it up at around 65-75.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the anwser Im trying to get is the slight slippage I get when I clutch it up normal? Also I am using mobil 1 15w50 oil will that add to the slipping?

I also started bouncing up the front also in second. Man is that a weird feeling the first couple of times.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by MuzzyMike
TwoEleven sounds cool. Know of any local places to practice without traffic and cops?
I have a couple local spots nothing big but good to learn at. If you sign up at the website we have a couple of ppl who like to wheelie and I can tell you where they are. BTW I'm Kenny on the other site.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by MuzzyMike
Kenny you guys have any very end of the season rides coming up in the next couple of weeks?
Nah, we dont have any "offical DSB" rides left. Some ppl are taking about doing some more riding. We had a meeting today and put together a rough draft of our planned rides for next year. It should be up on the site in a few days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.