Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A clutch wheelie can do more damage for beginners. The only damage a power wheelie can do is break the front fork seals if you come down on it too hard repeated times. So make sure you dont cut cut off the throttle, come down easy.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When wheeling in 1st u really gotta be revving at high rpm's does this do any damage to your first gear? or any damage to anything??

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well, yeah, I do... as I'm sure almost everybody here does... But I'm certainly not a BTBWheeliePimp or a MiniTryker - I can't ride 'em for miles... and I'm not pulling them up at every time I take off, only when I can't resist the urge...

... heh... and if you're asking because of the law enforcement connection, well I only do 'em when I know it's not putting anyone in danger... and I'll take responsibility if it causes me to get yanked. ;)

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm just messing with ya. :)

Me and a group of vietnames guys got pulled over for doing wheelies (I wasn't doing them..but I was with the group)...so the motorcycle cop pulled us over.

He was really really cool. He acted all hard and shit at first, but then we all started talking bikes...and that was all she wrote. After about a 30 minute conversation about the different types of sports bikes there are, he let us go by saying..."be safe out there guys".

We were on a fairly deserted road and basically the only people we could have hurt was ourselves. I think that's why he didn't give anyone a ticket.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Marine, see that's what I'm talkin' about in my post in Beezer's "1 cop, 2cop..." thread. You had a mature attitude and ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY. Now there's one cop who went away thinking "Hey that's a good group of guys. Just having fun, didn't give me any attitude, didn't hurt anybody." Nicely done.

Deep down he was likely just wishing he could lift the wheel on that big Kawasaki or Harley with all the gear on it. [8D]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.