Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is my first bike ever i learned on it and i dindt even no how to drive standard lol i get alot of props for that but yeah now i got it down pack i even drive standard cars now lol but now how can i wheelie on my 250...????

so i read on some youtube video drive it in first gear 10mph then hold the cluth rev it to 12 pop the cluthch and it should come up.......... um not working lol

so anyone that has wheelie a 250 can u please explain!!!
thanks

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
You are a terrible person for wanting to wheelie your bike. At least that's how everyone around here thinks.

More likely you are a noob who doesn't know better. You need to put in some time on that bike before you go tryin' to wheelie it. Let's put it this way. I had 4 full seasons in (3 on a supersport) before I even attempted a wheelie. It took months to become proficient at it and I still have plenty to learn. Not to mention that almost everyone who does wheelies eats it hard at some point. Are you okay w/that?

Here's my advice, forget about wheelies for a while and learn to ride. If I am wrong and it turns out that you've been riding for several years and thousands of miles, then check the stunt section. All that you could ever wanna know about wheelies is in there. The same principles apply to every bike. The less power that the bike has, the more throttle that it will take. That's about it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i c nobody wants me 2 wheelie but i want 2 wheelie!!! i guest ill listen 2 all of ya seens ya experience ill just wait and go with the flowwwww

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
ok, here is what you want to do.

start riding down the road at about 10-15 mph. When the coast is clear to wheelie, you want to pull in the clutch to disengage the tranny. While holding in the clutch, rev the engine to about 16K... if you're tack doesn't go to 16K look on the right had side of your bike just under the seat for the dial that let's you set your rev max "to 11". Click it up to 11 and then go just a little further (it's a little secret mod that not too many people know about).

Ok, so now you have the clutch in, and the engine reved up. If the bike starts to smoke, it's ok... that just means you're getting warm. What you want to do then is to pull the shifter up one and then down two. That will put you into 1.5 gear, which is "wheelie gear". Now, just about the time you get that in, you want to drop the clutch while holding the throttle pinned. That should help you get there.

But if that doesn't work for you, when you're cruising at that starter 10-15pmh zone, engage the "Fred Flinstone Mod" by putting both feet on the ground and start running. Then just pull back on the bars and get ready to buzz the tower Ghostrider.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok, here is what you want to do.

start riding down the road at about 10-15 mph. When the coast is clear to wheelie, you want to pull in the clutch to disengage the tranny. While holding in the clutch, rev the engine to about 16K... if you're tack doesn't go to 16K look on the right had side of your bike just under the seat for the dial that let's you set your rev max "to 11". Click it up to 11 and then go just a little further (it's a little secret mod that not too many people know about).

Ok, so now you have the clutch in, and the engine reved up. If the bike starts to smoke, it's ok... that just means you're getting warm. What you want to do then is to pull the shifter up one and then down two. That will put you into 1.5 gear, which is "wheelie gear". Now, just about the time you get that in, you want to drop the clutch while holding the throttle pinned. That should help you get there.

But if that doesn't work for you, when you're cruising at that starter 10-15pmh zone, engage the "Fred Flinstone Mod" by putting both feet on the ground and start running. Then just pull back on the bars and get ready to buzz the tower Ghostrider.
:Laughing rolling:

Hahaha, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually attempted your instructions.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ok this is my first bike ever i learned on it and i dindt even no how to drive standard lol i get alot of props for that but yeah now i got it down pack i even drive standard cars now lol but now how can i wheelie on my 250...????

so i read on some youtube video drive it in first gear 10mph then hold the cluth rev it to 12 pop the cluthch and it should come up.......... um not working lol

so anyone that has wheelie a 250 can u please explain!!!
thanks
I'm not sure if your bike is broken in yet but mine is and I can't keep the front wheel down. The bike wheelies in the first 3 gears. I just twist that fuggin grip and up it comes. I usually have to lean on the gas tank to keep in down, if I'm really winding through the gears. Be careful what you ask for. Once you have some miles on the bike it's like riding a unicycle.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I just twist that fuggin grip and up it comes. I usually have to lean on the gas tank to keep in down if I'm really winding through the gears. Be careful what you ask for.
enzo... oh, pleeeease tell me you're talking about your bike!!??? :eek:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
sorry, kkim, no restraint on this one.... lol
lol... can't say I blame you. :p

Bad thing is, as SOB said, there probably will be someone on the forum who PMs me asking... "where is that damn lever on the side of the bike, man!!?"

You can be sure I'll be sending them to you. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
lol... can't say I blame you. :p

Bad thing is, as SOB said, there probably will be someone on the forum who PMs me asking... "where is that damn lever on the side of the bike, man!!?"

You can be sure I'll be sending them to you. :D
:Laughing rolling:

I'm almost embarrassed that I'm soon going to be affiliated with some of these 250 riders. :mad:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have to say that we have the best people in the 250 section. No one is afraid to ask anything, no matter how stupid, idiotic, immature, or how many times it has been asked before. If only they did this in school.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have to say that we have the best people in the 250 section. No one is afraid to ask anything, no matter how stupid, idiotic, immature, or how many times it has been asked before. If only they did this in school.
:rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts