Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I can't find reverse on my bike... which gear is it?
You can't get reverse unless you disable 7th gear.

Srsly, OP, I just twist the throttle a bit more than 3/4 in 1st through 3rd and the front wheel comes right up around 10,000 RPM or so. I weigh 230 or so, so I'm not light. Did you break the bike in all the way yet?

·
Registered
139 Posts
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:please my sides are hurting alread. This thread is more fun than watching the big boys at Mid-Ohio on Speed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If a newbee every wants to know why they should wear full gear just watch that race and see how they walk away even from high sides

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Rev your engine at 12k rpm, and pop the clutch as you go, in first gear motionless.

Thats simple, but risky if you only rode 100 miles under your belt though. By the way, how old are you?? You sounds like you're still in High school, no offense. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yeah actually i am im 18 is my first bike and i got 3,000 miles on it already and no is not my only transportation i aslo have an acura mdx but i got the bike 2 save gas

so all ya 250 riders need 2 step up ur game n get a bigger bike cause i already want a 600 how can ya deal with so lilttle power and everybody passing by me at 140mph urgg

thats leads on 2 my next thing any1 intrested on a blue ninja 08 3,000 miles

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
yeah actually i am im 18 is my first bike and i got 3,000 miles on it already and no is not my only transportation i aslo have an acura mdx but i got the bike 2 save gas

so all ya 250 riders need 2 step up ur game n get a bigger bike cause i already want a 600 how can ya deal with so lilttle power and everybody passing by me at 140mph urgg

skeets... that you buddy?? :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can't find reverse on my bike... which gear is it?
Read the manual!

Its actually got 6 speeds of reverse! Put it in first gear and twist the throttle in the reverse direction, the engine will run in reverse and the bike goes backwards. Once you are moving, just shift through the gears the same as if you are going forwards. :thumbup:

Post your top speed in reverse!

·
Banned
1,899 Posts

:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Read the manual!

Its actually got 6 speeds of reverse! Put it in first gear and twist the throttle in the reverse direction, the engine will run in reverse and the bike goes backwards. Once you are moving, just shift through the gears the same as if you are going forwards. :thumbup:

Post your top speed in reverse!
Duckie!!! Welcome back!! :D

Where ya been???

·
Registered
59 Posts

Dude, think about what you have done here. In your first three post on this forum you have asked how to do a wheelie, complain that no one wants to help you, and offer to sell your bike because you get passed. Big freakin' deal, you are going to get passed regardless of what you ride if your riding to save gas.
You stated that this is your first bike, so learn to ride properly and enjoy it. These guys don't flame people just to flame them. If you search these forums you will find some pretty good write-ups on what happens to young riders that thought that the 250 was too small and went with a 600 instead. One now is missing his leg from the knee down. All from a wheelie.
Ride smart and remember your riding ability, not what you think your riding ability is. There is a big difference. If not you will be a statistic sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Rev your engine at 12k rpm, and pop the clutch as you go, in first gear motionless.

Thats simple, but risky if you only rode 100 miles under your belt though. By the way, how old are you?? You sounds like you're still in High school, no offense. :confused:

Now that you've departed those words of wisdom on him, why don't you also give him some pointers on how to do some of that "Rossi shit" you keep going on about :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
since we're feeding the trolls... I guess I'll have to monkey up and get a liter bike. I don't want people passing me at 140. I think I'll go write "2009" on a piece of masking tape and stick it next to the Kawi logo on my 250r tank. Think I can get 8 for it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh my...people are dumb. I've had my 250 for about 2 months and I don't even think about doing wheelies and stunts. That stuff should be left alone unless at a sanctioned event under somewhat controlled circumstances imo. Plus correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the frame of the 250 not strong enough for stunts and wheelies? That's just what I have heard. Just use common sense and know your limits. Ride safe.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.