Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are a terrible person for wanting to wheelie your bike. At least that's how everyone around here thinks.

More likely you are a noob who doesn't know better. You need to put in some time on that bike before you go tryin' to wheelie it. Let's put it this way. I had 4 full seasons in (3 on a supersport) before I even attempted a wheelie. It took months to become proficient at it and I still have plenty to learn. Not to mention that almost everyone who does wheelies eats it hard at some point. Are you okay w/that?

Here's my advice, forget about wheelies for a while and learn to ride. If I am wrong and it turns out that you've been riding for several years and thousands of miles, then check the stunt section. All that you could ever wanna know about wheelies is in there. The same principles apply to every bike. The less power that the bike has, the more throttle that it will take. That's about it...

+1 for not jumping on the flame band-wagon.
+2 for not jumping on the "let's give 'funny' over-the-top advice that will just confuse the newer people on the board , but that's ok , because all of us professionals know it's just a joke, and if you don't have at least 1300 posts , we think you're a squid regardless" - wagon

·
Registered
170 Posts
yeah actually i am im 18 is my first bike and i got 3,000 miles on it already and no is not my only transportation i aslo have an acura mdx but i got the bike 2 save gas

so all ya 250 riders need 2 step up ur game n get a bigger bike cause i already want a 600 how can ya deal with so lilttle power and everybody passing by me at 140mph urgg

thats leads on 2 my next thing any1 intrested on a blue ninja 08 3,000 miles
If you keep up that attitude, you'll be the blue smiley with the big smile...
:weapons77:

You might wanna consider just leaving your car and bike in the garage, and ride the city bus. That way you can really save gas money, you'll get where you're going in one piece, and you'll live to see your 19th birthday.

Seriously though, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're second statement above is meant to be a joke. Do yourself (and everyone else on the road) a favor, and think before you do anything stoopid.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Duckie!!! Welcome back!! :D

Where ya been???
:: spoodge :: :D

I've been out riding of course!

On another topic, and I hate to hijack this one, but you did ask where I was, lol. I was out scooter shopping with a friend today, (Piaggio MP3 FTW!) and one of the local dealers actually offered me more money to buy back my 250 and be able to resell it than what I paid for it! A lot of people at the dealership (which had no 250s) came outside to look over my bike. I never realised they were quite this popular.

Anyways, if I take the offer, I'll have an Area P exhaust for sale, has only 500 miles on it.

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
:: spoodge :: :D

I've been out riding of course!

On another topic, and I hate to hijack this one, but you did ask where I was, lol. I was out scooter shopping with a friend today, (Piaggio MP3 FTW!) and one of the local dealers actually offered me more money to buy back my 250 and be able to resell it than what I paid for it! A lot of people at the dealership (which had no 250s) came outside to look over my bike. I never realised they were quite this popular.

Anyways, if I take the offer, I'll have an Area P exhaust for sale, has only 500 miles on it.
I would take that offer.

·
Registered
560 Posts
At least this thread is good for something. Return Of The Duck! Where ya been man? You haven't posted in like ages! Shotgun wedding? Or did you break parole again? ;)
Damn, I didn't expect anyone to be so happy to see me! Ha! I didn't think anyone would even notice that I wasnt around.

Hide your valuables, AND womens (grandmas too!) I'm back!
:devil26:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Damn, I didn't expect anyone to be so happy to see me! Ha! I didn't think anyone would even notice that I wasnt around.

Hide your valuables, AND womens (grandmas too!) I'm back!
:devil26:
Probably because this thread is an example of what we've been seeing since you last visited, Duckman. The longer the summer lasts, the dumber things get around here. Good to see someone with intelligence and common sense actually return to KF after a few months absence. The trend has been going the other way for a while. Glad to have you back! Now what have you done to the bike since you left? The aftermarket windscreens are just starting to show up and there's even a nice tall sport-touring one available for big galoots like you.

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/kawasaki_sptbks/281.html

·
Registered
560 Posts
Probably because this thread is an example of what we've been seeing since you last visited, Duckman. The longer the summer lasts, the dumber things get around here. Good to see someone with intelligence and common sense actually return to KF after a few months absence. The trend has been going the other way for a while. Glad to have you back! Now what have you done to the bike since you left? The aftermarket windscreens are just starting to show up and there's even a nice tall sport-touring one available for big galoots like you.

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/sportbikes/kawasaki_sptbks/281.html

Well as far as the stupidity level here, my signature says all that needs to be said. Most automotive forums have their share of ding-dongs. ThumperTalk, ClubRSX, and the OTHER-OTHER Ninja 250 forum are no exceptions. But I won't even post on that other ninja forum in fear that I may run into more flamers than a cute Navy boy on the beach during Pensacola's infamous Gay Weekend. ...and don't even get me started on the political forums! :Laughing rolling:

I haven't done anything to the bike except add more miles to it and tighten the chain!

I'm not sure if I want to get a taller windscreen at this point, for two reasons.

1. My chin can almost rest on the stock windscreen when I tuck, a taller one would likely stuff me in the face. As much as I like the bike, I don't feel the need to caress it with my mouth.

2. Next week I may even put everything back to OEM spec and sell the bike back to the dealer, then ebay the AreaP exhaust. I've got a Kawasaki Credit Card with a hefty limit for another purchase. So I may make some money, AND I may leave with a sweet deal on a bigger bike. Unless of course someone else here wants to take an '08 Candy Plasma Blue 250R off my hands.

Anyone have any suggestions for a brand new bike? The new 10r tickles my fancy a bit. Sitting on it it feels a little higher, as my feet barely touch the ground! But not all too much heavier to me. I've never owned a liter sport bike before. I might poop my pants upon first ride.

I've been peeking around here during my "absence," but I'm not usually one to do all too much posting unless something or someone really tickles my fancy.

Between working, and dating I don't have much time for anything else. The only way you could get me to ride the bike more, is if it were pink and wet, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Well, since you have all that Kawasaki credit, you might want to check out the Versys. It was just named Motorcyclist magazine's Bike Of The Year. It's a fairly tall bike, has an upright seating position and the small windscreen is supposed to work a lot better than it looks. Might just fit a big guy like you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
to the op..just dont try standing on the bars to wheelie.Oh and hooked on phonics might have taught you to speak okay, but leave the typing to the more advanced communicators as I am having trouble discerning your species.If your Dyslexic ill eat my hat....."Dyslexics of the world....UNTIE!!!"

·
Registered
73 Posts
"Oh and hooked on phonics might have taught you to speak okay"

That sentence itself dosen't sound every educated... You might want to try saying something like, "half way decent" or something along those lines...Saying "Okay" in the sentence like that does not make you sound intelligent.
:p

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
"Oh and hooked on phonics might have taught you to speak okay"

That sentence itself dose not sound every educated... You might want to try saying something like, "half way descent" or something along those lines...Saying "Okay" in the sentence like that does not make you sound intelligent.
:p
lol ...that one dosen't sound very descent, either! :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
skeets... that you buddy?? :)
:Laughing rolling:That what I thought since page 1!!! It's been a while since he's been around...

Rev your engine at 12k rpm, and pop the clutch as you go, in first gear motionless.

Thats simple, but risky if you only rode 100 miles under your belt though. By the way, how old are you?? You sounds like you're still in High school, no offense. :confused:
What do you mean by that?? "first gear motionless"?

Don't feed the trolls man, do you remember skeets? Anywho, just sit back and watch the fire works:D

yeah actually i am im 18 is my first bike and i got 3,000 miles on it already and no is not my only transportation i aslo have an acura mdx but i got the bike 2 save gas

so all ya 250 riders need 2 step up ur game n get a bigger bike cause i already want a 600 how can ya deal with so lilttle power and everybody passing by me at 140mph urgg

thats leads on 2 my next thing any1 intrested on a blue ninja 08 3,000 miles
You want to wheelie on the little ninja but sell it? Skeets, shame on you for trying to trick us like that. Some people here actually miss you with some of these new people.
Go to the stunt forum and ask them the same question they will help you.

Now that you've departed those words of wisdom on him, why don't you also give him some pointers on how to do some of that "Rossi shit" you keep going on about :lol:
:Laughing rolling:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.