Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how are you wheeling it clutch or throttle? and how far?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
bounce method, those were not ridden very far i was just taking them for the pic. Longest i rode one probly 1/2 mile. Had my R6 for about 5 months and 636 2 weeks now i think. R6 is harder to wheelie IMO.

JRoCK has attached this file: zx6rjustinlow2.jpg

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Few stand ups I did today.

JRoCK has attached this file: blackwheelie1low.jpg

JRoCK has attached this file: blackwheelie2low.jpg

JRoCK has attached this file: blackwheelie3low.jpg

Wheelies so much better than my R6 did!!! Kawa rules!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
ill try and explain.

go 45 mph stand up, accelerate to 55 mph with 1/4 throttle, while your accelerating bounce on the pegs double bounce if needed it seemed to help me while learning, the forks will compress when the bike is coming up from bouncing give it alot of throttle it should come up. just never let off the gas and bounce hard. its mostly about timing. if its not coming up bounce harder and give it more gas or your timing is off. 636 is really ease to wheelie.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I would not dive right into stand ups though. heres how i learned.

1st gear wheelies about 1 month after i got my R6

learn to ride them to the rev limit.

next 2nd gear sit down clutch it up. Ride those to rev limit or balance them to learn throttle control in 2nd.

next do 2nd gear stand ups ride to rev limit then prac balancing them.

3rd gear wheelies hawling ass!

all in all about 6 months of riding there. depends on how much u prac. I never wrecked or dropped the bike. Just keep prac and dont try and push it to hard to fast you have your whole life to learn how to balance them no need to rush it. get a friend to take pictures or videos of you so you know what your doing wrong example body position and how high the wheelie really is. u may feel your 12 o clocking it but really its not high at all :)

Pic of me on the R6 see how i am leaning forward thats bad to scared of looping it hehe
JRoCK has attached this file: wheelieman.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with JRock. I learned doing the same process .
1st gear sit downs , 2nd gear clutch sit downs , then 2nd gear stand ups .

·
Registered
315 Posts
those look good. r u at the balance point there? ive got pics that my fiance took and i am that high but still not at the balance point. WTF! i can get balance in third and go for a long time but secong i can only go maybe 1/4 mile. i get wheelie wobble in third so i quit doing them. i ended up with a tankslapper at 100 one time. no good. do u fully extend your arms while doing standups? maybe thats my prob.?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i just pulled them up for the most part i think i got them alittle higher further down the road. but balancing has not been a problem i can keep them up for as long as i want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.