Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, after having my 08 zx6r for over 6 months now I am now addicted to wheelies. But i'm wondering if you guys do them while being on the passenger pegs. I can do 2nd gear clutch up wheelies. I keep em for a good 5-10 secs but haven't reached bp yet. I keep em up till i run outta rpm. I am wondering if it's easier to learn bp while sitting down or standing up.
Don't flame me for doing wheelies, i've been riding for over 4 years and i just grew some balls this year to try em. Thanks
*ill post a video soon, so ill see how high i go*

thanks*

·
Registered
306 Posts
Learn BP standing up, plus you can see better anyways, then move back to sitdowns. Have you started trying stand-ups yet? And Video always help but nothing is more important than seat time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i think the stagered position is by far my favorite, left foot on the passenger peg and right foot covering the brake.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i think the stagered position is by far my favorite, left foot on the passenger peg and right foot covering the brake.
Agreed. Staggered is the way to go. It's a bit awkward at first, but when you get used to it, it's the best way to "feel out" the wheelie and adjust your body position if necessary...

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i haven't tryed stand ups yet, i just sit down and clutch em up at 10k, then ride it out till i run outta rpm...im gonna try some stagered soon and hopefully a lil video also might help..thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys, after having my 08 zx6r for over 6 months now I am now addicted to wheelies. But i'm wondering if you guys do them while being on the passenger pegs. I can do 2nd gear clutch up wheelies. I keep em for a good 5-10 secs but haven't reached bp yet. I keep em up till i run outta rpm. I am wondering if it's easier to learn bp while sitting down or standing up.
Don't flame me for doing wheelies, i've been riding for over 4 years and i just grew some balls this year to try em. Thanks
*ill post a video soon, so ill see how high i go*

thanks*

Well sounds like your doin squid ass power wheelies! u might not want to do that... my advice.. buy a 50 learn brake control!! then worry bout the big bike!! i owe all my skill to my 50!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Well sounds like your doin squid ass power wheelies! u might not want to do that... my advice.. buy a 50 learn brake control!! then worry bout the big bike!! i owe all my skill to my 50!!
He is clutching them up, just not balancing out.

Power wheelie would be just blippin the gas at ~10k then pinning it to come up just under power. Not very precise or controlled that way at all!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I wish that I had a fiddy and some time. I've gotten a little bit of seat time on my buddy's quad. That's nice to learn shit on, but mostly I've had to learn on my bike, which can be a very steep learning curve...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
just make sure you are covering the brake and learn to use it not just hammer it. try the staggered position with your left foot on the passenger peg and right foot covering the brake. also SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!! you need to learn first gear if you are serious about learning wheelies. try first gear at about 10-15mph and clutch it up. you will end up smashing your brand new bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts