Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 00 6R and I could loft the front wheel by the throttle method..I just bought a RR (still breaking it in):(...My question is...How hard is it to wheelie on a RR since it has less HP than the R[?]

·
Registered
401 Posts
i have the 03 636 and it comes up in 1st no problem. at 7k open the throttle, don't bounce it or anything. Standing up in 2nd it comes up at about 10k

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've wheelied both. The RR model is actually a good bike for me to wheelie, but the difference is you've got to get it revving more. The R's increased grunt means you can chop it up around 7k rpm (at my weight) in first, where the RR I found I had to get it revving up to around 9-10k rpm to "hiccup" the front end up. But the advantage is that the RR is smoother to wheelie and less prone to over-lofting the front end. I never use the clutch to wheelie.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have a 03 rr and i like to clutch it up, it comes up really smoothly for me it seems more consistant i feel like i have less control when i power them up. i ride to about 4-5 then rev it to 10.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, i have a slip on micron exhaust.(front pipe is coming)and the pc3 power comander, thats it for performance. i have a sportech windcreen, hotbodies undertail,flushmount front blinkers. soon to come either scotts or ohlins steering damper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have an 03 RR and i can pop it easy in 1st and 2nd, in first i rev to about 5k-6k let of then wot, pops right up. In 2nd i get going around 6k then blip the clutch and wot it pops up fast and stays up i have ridden a wheelie probaly 1/2 mile or so. Only mods i have is a full yosh and PC3

·
Registered
288 Posts
jconrad. do you do them standing or sitting i dont know i cant get them up good in 2cd i have to rev more than 10k. i can ride them out pretty far in first though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by jc-zx6rr

jconrad. do you do them standing or sitting i dont know i cant get them up good in 2cd i have to rev more than 10k. i can ride them out pretty far in first though.
I ride them sitting most of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.