Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wheelie school this week in Sussex NJ.
www.ononewheel.com had the school.
I highly recommend it. They used Triumph Speed tripples as the stunt bike for beginners. They showed us power on wheelies and we got to practice 110 of them before the day was out. I managed to hold one for about 75 yards at the end of the day. Others kept them up for much longer. Some brought their own bikes. The school bikes are set at different wheelie hights with a setup that retards the third cylinder if it gets to high. If you get the time go. I'm back home on my ZX1100 and wheelies never felt better.
I brought my own leathers. I recommend not renting the schools leathers. All that did complained about the stink of fear from the prevous renter. All good times for the money

·
Registered
249 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA For the Price that you pay for a wheelie school you can go out and learn it yourself. I'de like to say I'll start letting people pay me to teach you if you want for half the price. its retarded you get a false sense of security you're still going to power wheelie the shit out of your own bike. I'de like to see the stats on how many people eat shit within the first month of completing the course. RETARDED! bike time is the only thing that makes you good on a bike and common sense bike going to far back USE THE REAR BRAKE let off the throttle a bit. Don't ever chop the throttle and well PRACTICE. Can i get $900.00 now?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retarded is the only thing that I could make sense out of that last paragraph. And even that would be an insult to those that are learning impared.
Recommending to riders a safe place to practice with peers, proper technique to enter and exit a good or bad wheelie, and a legal method to improve yourself is always a plus in my book. I can wheelie my ZX11 for a good distance at a slow speed (vs just fast) with three methods of stopping myself from going over with control. I'm happy with my investment. I leave it up to others to make their own choices. $395 - I think that was the cost of my last tire change before track day. And by the way I also recommend cornering school. That was a blast as well www.superbikeschool.com

·
Registered
249 Posts
Squid is the only thing i could get out of your last two posts... Wheelies aren't for the "learning impaired?" no school can teach you Throttle & Brake Control they can design a machine to fake the fact that you have no skill which is stupid. Anyone can do one with practice and I'm listed as one of the top 20 in the country? I never took a wheelie school along with the 10,000 other stunt riders. It's just a way for someone to line their pockets. Its doing a wheelie being able to think under pressure and do the correct thing. anyone can teach themselves how to do a wheelie. don't come here trying to bash me. I didn't swing off an instructors nuts to learn how to clutch my bike up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
HAAAAAA!! Wheelie School???? If you need a school to do wheelies you shouldn't be doing them, just grow a pair and go learn.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
just like tony said i bet SO many kids go home and flip their bikes after riding those rigged up pieces of shit. thats really got to be the worst idea ever. people will buy anything these days

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah those bikes being all rigged like that is lame for when you get on your own bike, but could you imagine the nasty pile of f&%ked up bikes these guys would have if they didn't have some way to keep these fools from looping! lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
IM NOW STARTING THE TLSTUNTS WHEELIE SCHOOL I'LL TEACH EVERYTHING FROM BASIC WHEELIES TO HC CIRCLES 225.00 YOU COME TO FLORIDA AND TRAIN WHO WANTS SOME :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on your new skills, zxninja2k. Any environment that as you said, builds confidence and technique under the watchful supervision of trusted and seasoned peers is a good thing in my book too.

I will say that it's a shame you didn't have any buddies around to do the same thing for you without raping your wallet. Mine only wanted a couple six packs at the end of the day.

The rest of you guys... don't be too hard on him. We all gotta go our own way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
nobody is being and harder than they should be, more time on your bike, the one you plan to wheelie is better, not on some rigged up bike that cant loop, practise is all it takes

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm all for any type of education and training that involves motorcycles skills. That being said, a wheelie school is pretty dumb. The only thing they provide you with is a specially designed bike that can't flip. All the other knowledge and tips can be found right here from other posts. And like so many other people have pointed out, then these guys go home to their own bikes and do loopdy loops. Cool you did the superbike school. Now that's money well spent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only thing that's going to make you better is practice, practice, practice. For a beginner to learn on someone else's bike isnt' the way to go. Learn on your own bike in a location that doesn't see much traffic (industrial areas after they shut down) and around friends who can get you and your bike out of there if you wipe out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.