Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I'm new to streeting, this is my first bike (03 636) and i'm in pursuit of perfecting my wheelies. i was practicing pretty often... my bike is down right now.. i got rear ended any that's a different story.. ok, i am 5 9 and weigh 146. i can shut wot wheelies in first from 8k, i gauge my wheelies by how high my windshield comes up in realtion to my position on the seat, i've yet to come up so high as to make the road dissapear.

what would the balance point be.. how high? will i see the road when i'm there? does anyone my size have pics of a first gear wheelie at the balance point that i can compare mine to? also, help me out on shifting into second from first in a wheelie. is that cool? or should i just work on clutching up in second. and if so what speed should i do it from and what rpm should i rev too to get at the hieght where i can throttle work it to the balance point?

·
Registered
19 Posts
its better to clutch it in second.....shifting from 1st to 2nd is tough if you're high in 1st gear because when you shift, it will jump further back on you.....2nd to 3rd is easy though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.