Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I ride the girl in our crews gix 1k all the time. I can still wheelie it for ever but definitely feel a lot more comfortable on the 6. I think the reason is because of all the power of the litre bikes. On the 6's we have to stay stuck in the balance point and there isn't as much of a chance to loop it. With the litre bikes the throttle is so much more twitchy and it harder to keep smooth.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Does anyone else have a liter bike and ride wheelies on it? Its funny I can ride wheelies better on my zx6r than my 954. I can ride 2-3 miles on my 6 but it takes everything I have to try to go 1 mile on the 954. I also can go around corners on the 954 yet. I dont know if its just Im not as used to the 954 as my 6 or if its the 1/4 throttle and fuel injection but the 954 just seems harder and less stable.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive heard that r1, 954 and 929 are really hard to wheelie. and the easiest is the gix 750 and the cbr 900rr. its something about the balance points.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I always thought that the 1000's would be easier. All you had to do was gas those babies us in 1,2, or third gear and they would wheelie.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
It's probably down to the power delivery and that damned pivotless frame that Honda has on that bike. There's a reason it isn't used on GP bikes ya know.....

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
999 Posts
The 954 comes up realy easy in 1st through 4th in a wheelie, its just being comfortable in a wheelie and keeping it there. To me its a little easier than a R1 to ride wheelies but harder than a gsxr 750 or 1000. Its just so twitchy at the balance point compaired to my zx6r and harder to steer in a wheelie. I just thought its kinda funny buying the 954 I thought I would be able to wheelie a lot easier having a lot more power, goes to show more power always doesnt equal better for everything. Dont get me wrong I love both bikes and I know I will be able to wheelie the 964 like my 6 it will just take time I just thought for sure it would be the other way around.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.