Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i suggest putting one foot on the seat and when you get the wheelie going take your left hand off the clip ons and give a wave to some cars you pass. JK!!! not really

yes, you can jerk it up. it should actually be easier to wheelie considering your weight. i weigh about 165 and w/out fairings on, have no probs getting it up in 2nd at about 6k rpms. Bone stock. i wouldnt really mess around with first gear, unless youre trying to 12 it.
just stand on the pegs and when you reach about 8k, chop the throttle. at the same time push all your weight down on the pegs and on the rebound open her up. now all you have to do is find your balance point, which takes a while. dont rush it or youll get hurt, i promise. if your still having probs, then check out a jet kit or something. that slip-on could have fucked up the mixture or placed peak torque higher up(or lower?) in the band. both are unlikely, though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ok you guys are prob sick of hearing this. I have a 2000 zx6r basically stock except i have a D+D slip on. For a while i was able to get the bike up in 1st. But for some reason i can't do it anymore. I think i just got nervous. Cause a few weeks ago i didn't even really try and it came up nice, but when i try i just rev the shit out of the bike. where should i rev up to before letting off. I want to try to do a standup in 2nd. What is the best method on my bike. I'm pretty small about 5'9" 140lbs. So i don't think i can jerk it up. Any help would be apprieciated. thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.