Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody...give me the "squid of the year" award for this but i really wanna start doin wheelies and im clueless on how to learn. Can somebody please just tell me the basics of learning wheelies? thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, check out the stunting section.

But let me give you some tips.

I have only recently started to try and wheelie, like 3 days ago :D
Anyhows, you have to rev that bitch, I do it in like 1st gear going to between 8 and 10K rpm, then slightly pull the clutch with two fingers, just slightly, the engin will start to slip and the revs will come up. Sit all the way on the back of the bike and let the clutch go, use very little clutch until you get the feel of it. I have gotten my wheel up about a foot or so and it feels good, not like that scary few "roll on" wheelie attempts.

But read the stuner section, some great tutorials in there...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by Fade-Dude
Yes, check out the stunting section.

But let me give you some tips.

I have only recently started to try and wheelie, like 3 days ago :D
Anyhows, you have to rev that bitch, I do it in like 1st gear going to between 8 and 10K rpm, then slightly pull the clutch with two fingers, just slightly, the engin will start to slip and the revs will come up. Sit all the way on the back of the bike and let the clutch go, use very little clutch until you get the feel of it. I have gotten my wheel up about a foot or so and it feels good, not like that scary few "roll on" wheelie attempts.

But read the stuner section, some great tutorials in there...
NEVER EVER CLUTCH IT IN 1ST.... there's no need.. just roll on it hard in first... ONLY CLUTCH THEM UP IN 2ND...

kow wee

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by Kow wee

NEVER EVER CLUTCH IT IN 1ST.... there's no need.. just roll on it hard in first... ONLY CLUTCH THEM UP IN 2ND...

kow wee
Clutching it is simple in first and easily controlable if done right and gets you to the BP quicker without a lot of speed;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
hey what the heck, just sit in first gear, rev it up to 15k and dump the clutch, jk, don't do that

·
Registered
104 Posts
i agree with kow wee although you will be going slower it is ALOT easier to control in second gear. First is very touchy with the clutch especially if you are just learning. Second will come up just as easy, just remember to not dump the clutch, you have to slip it and keep on the gas.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
roll on in first fairly hard (bout 80%), just before the power really kicks in (around 8g?) snap the throttle off then on full, quick.. that'll get you up with no effort. Don't lean too far forward into it (but not right back!) else the front won't really come up much.

·
Registered
510 Posts
clutch it up or bounce it up in 2nd. clutching up 1st can get squirrelly real quick. some of the newer bikes with slipper clutches can be harder to wheelie by clutching from what I've heard and seen with some riding buddies. not sure about the 05-06 ZX6Rs since I dont ride with anyone that has one, but the new R6 and Gixxer6 can be a bite in the ass when trying to ride one out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.