Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have problems pulling a second gear wheelies and keeping them up. if you can get them up and ride them. how do you go about it. maybe its easier on the 636 i have an RR.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bethlehem, damn you are close to me. I live in Horsham right down 611 right by the turnpike. We should meet up and hit the twisties before it's too late.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
This might also help:

In the beginning I used to get up on the bike going around 60KM/h and then probably roll on the gas slowly until I got to around 70-80KM/h and then bounced it from there, but I held it at that speed for a little while so the shocks could fully expand and then I pushed down, arms and legs and I gave WOT when I was pushing down.

So at 70KM/h
Push arms and legs down, bending legs and arms and give WOT.
Bike should come up. If it doesn't just keep practicing the bounce until you're sure that you're pushing the bike down! That's the key.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
love that wheelie, thanks for the video that helps.. i started to think it was my bike i guess its just me. i was trying them sitting down. looks like it comes up easy and thats without using a clutch. --- i guess ill just have to keep practicing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea jayt0625. i've been practcing bouncing it was a little sloppy at first now its more stable. I think im ready for the WOT now.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Haha, thanx. It's pretty much once you get used to the bounce you can do it no problem. Trust me just practice and you'll be bringing them up and making it look like 2 pounds.

/it's Beezer, not Breezer...hehe, but I can understand the mix up ;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Call me a pussy, but I bounce the hell out of my 03 r6, and give it all the damn throttle it can take, and it wont come up. I know, practice, practice, practice. I just wanted to bitch about it.

BC

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
what gear are you in? i just started to try them on mine(01) and was having the same problem. i finaly relized that after i closed the throttle i waited a little too long to crank her WOT. now im practicing my WOT timing and getting use to that falling feeling.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Just get used to the bounce, watch videos of people doing the standups and practice'em. It's in the bounce and the WOT at the right time, you just have to sync them together.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah pretty much, just give it as much gas as you can. I don't think your hand will bend that much but try it as much as it lets you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.