Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I strongly urge you to consult the Vendor Experiences forum on this site. Search for the name of the store you will be ordering from and if you can't find it then post a topic asking if anybody has ever dealt with the particular store you plan to order from.

Moral of the story is I got fucked by Ronayers.com and if I had checked the Vendor Experiences forum I would have thought twice about placing an order with them. I may still have placed the order but then it would be my own foolishness to blame for me still not having my part, not Ronayers.com.

Read more about me getting fucked by Ronayers.com here: http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61574

·
Registered
532 Posts
for me their shipping was a bit slow but they still have the best prices on oem stuff anywhere. i had no quams aobut them. i would use them again but it takes them 3 days to get out of their warehouse so i dont expect speed service from them. what i usually do is print their page and go to my local stealership and they match the prices.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've never had a problem with ronayers.com. Every time I've had anything shipped, it has always arrived before the estimated arrival date.

I've ordered from them on 2 seperate occasions, and so has my roommate. 4 for 4 on prompt, error-free service.

Edit: Sorry you had a bad experience with them, but I'm pretty sure it's the exception, not the rule.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ron Ayers does not have a warehouse. They are a middleman, same as a dealership. They get your order, and they take that order and give it to the direct manufacturer which ships them the part. They then forward the parts to you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They are definitely slow, but so is Bikebandit. I ordered parts last week from my local dealer, in spite of the higher prices, because I was told it'd take three days. Nope. Parts still aren't here. It's obviously a problem everywhere. Nobody stocks anything anymore, and a lot of the parts take a long time to show from Kawasaki. Apparently one must now either plan ahead by a couple of weeks, or else start their own parts department at home. Mmmmm. Parts stocked at hooooome... Pardon me while I go get a couple lottery tickets. :D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Originally posted by andeekon
I strongly urge you to consult the Vendor Experiences forum on this site. Search for the name of the store you will be ordering from and if you can't find it then post a topic asking if anybody has ever dealt with the particular store you plan to order from.

Moral of the story is I got fucked by Ronayers.com and if I had checked the Vendor Experiences forum I would have thought twice about placing an order with them. I may still have placed the order but then it would be my own foolishness to blame for me still not having my part, not Ronayers.com.

Read more about me getting fucked by Ronayers.com here: http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61574
Your experience is unique to you.
I have ordered parts from ronayers well over a dozen times, and they have never messed up up and order. In fact, the two most recent ones have involved them either emailing me or calling me, and letting me know that a part I ordered is discontinued. They then credited my credit card the amount they took for the part.

So, your experience, while not that great, doesn't counter my many experiences.

BC.

·
Powerhungry
37,852 Posts
Originally posted by wharthog3II
Ron Ayers does not have a warehouse. They are a middleman, same as a dealership. They get your order, and they take that order and give it to the direct manufacturer which ships them the part. They then forward the parts to you.
so ronayers is a drop-ship comapany? if so that explains longer wait times for deliveries. ive never ordered from them before, but have only read good things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.