Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

When do you call it quits for the Fall/Winter?

• Beginning of Nov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid November (thanksgiving time)

• Beginning of December

• Just throw on the leather and keep on ridin!

• other....explain below

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering when do you guys call it quits for the year? Last year I sold my bike around this time and didnt get another one until spring. I hated myself for it. So this year I plan on riding all winter unless its wet or snowy outside. My friends think I'm crazy so I'll have no one to ride with.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
as long as it's above about 40 and there isn't a ton of salt on the roads, i'm down to ride. i remember a few years ago riding in late december it was so nice out. we got out in mid february this year cause it hit 45 one day.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I will ride as long as its above freezing (32*) and as long as no snow or water on the road becasue it could be ice lol. I think its up to what you can handle, a nice jacket and a sweatshirt and some jeans or w/e you wear and you can go out riding. Only thinkg to watch for is the sand on roads, and the cold tires...
Ben

·
Registered
648 Posts
and cold roads don't grip as well.... I almost lowsided yesterday, it was about 40 out, I was going around a turn scraping pegs and the front tire gave a sudden shudder, like wheel hop, I still don't know how i didn't go down.

·
Registered
875 Posts
First winter with a bike, but I figure I'll be riding so long as its above 40 and the roads are dry. Other than that, I'll be snowboarding.
Just gotta be careful about traction w/ cold tires and roads.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Whats winter? I think texas has 2 days of this winter yall speak of.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It's still 85 degrees on a couple days in December and January. Unless a Hurricane is dumping rain on us, I ride everyday to work. Makes up for the crappy wages here I guess.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Today was 38* and i still rode to school, it wasnt bad with my jacket and sweatshirt under it, and just some regular jeans and helmit and gloves. I think it wasnt too bad out, i ride whenever i can becasue i dont have a car license yet and only have my motorcycle license and dont have my truck on the road right now... so its ride or dont go to work or school...
Ben

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I ride all winter as long as there is no snow or ice on the road[8D]

·
Registered
532 Posts
last year christmas eve was 82 degrees i actually stop ridding in the summer b/c it so humid you cant cool down much here. but i ride all winter long i would actully say my riding season is from august to may

·
Registered
419 Posts
Originally posted by 20incher
Whats winter? I think texas has 2 days of this winter yall speak of.
"this winter YALL speak of"

God bless Texas.

i'll being ride mine all winter... after it gets fixed. haha.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am a little nuts. A couple of days ago temp was 21F or -8C. Just gotta take it easy on the corners and braking and down shifting. If not careful gonna end up [xx(]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.