Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all this talk about the 2007 636 but when does it really come out? And has anybody heard anything about colors at all?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE
From what I hear, never. They are no longer going to produce the 636, going back to 599cc only. We are all just hoping for a new zx7r of zx8r. Cross your fingers.
I talked to a salesman at a local dealer who talks to their supplier and he was told that they are still going to be making the 636. We'll see!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kawasaki has confirmed in a press release, that the cost of developing a second middleweight 600 engine, and upgrading it to meet euro 3, is prohibitive. The 636 is dead in 2007.

·
Registered
759 Posts
2007 models will be officially announced in September. Minor updates may start shipping in Nov/Dec. New bikes and major upgrades usually not until late winter/spring.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Doesn't matter who you talk to from what dealership and what they know or think they know... Until Kawi puts up a press releases its all hearsay and absolutely worthless. Wait until Sept, should know before the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Yeah it has been talked about a lot lately, but I so eager to find out, I don't mind the repeated threads. Plus, maybe there is new information that wasn't known in the last thread. Though I guess you should have just posted in those threads instead of starting a new one, oh well.

Hey suprphreak, can you post a link of the actual press release from Kawi your talking about. I'm betting your just repeating something you heard from another member just like I did. I would like to see something official.

And as far as colors, I'm willing to bet it comes in green. Just a hunch.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE
And as far as colors, I'm willing to bet it comes in green. Just a hunch.
[:M50]

Yeah, I hear Honda is releasing a red bike this year...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.