Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my Two Bro's slip-on and I now need to reinstall my stock mid-pipe. I noticed when I removed the Two Bro's pipe, that it had a larger diameter than the stock pipe where it meets the header. Do I need to use something as a gasket on the mid pipe in order to achieve a tighter fit? If so, what should I use? There is nothing on the pipe right now, just bare metal.

BTW, there was something on the Two Bro's pipe, a thin layer of white sealant where it met the header.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there is a gasket that sits inside the header. Is that it? Is there supposed to be anything on the mid-pipe itself?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyway, assuming that there is not a second gasket that goes on the mid-pipe (from the look of the parts diagram, there isn't), is there any kind of gasket maker that I could/should use at this connection for a more positive seal. I know that the pipe gets pretty hot, I don't want to use something that's just gonna end up melting...

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that you misunderstood what I'm sayin'. I'm not puttin a two bro's pipe on. I just took one off. Now I'm puttin' the stock mid-pipe back on. Doesn't matter, you still helped anyway. Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts