Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike started missing and really bad at about 1100 rpm. It is a 97 zx6r with 6200 miles. I have only hit redline once, I think. Could it be the carbs. I am going to have a Stage 1 jet kit put in. Should I have the guy adjust the valves while he has it? I just put new NGK plugs in a week ago. Also how long is it before the CCT should be replaced? I don't think it needs it, I'm just curious. As always thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The maintenance schedule calls for valve clearance check at 600 miles and then a 6,000 and every 6,000 thereafter. I have a '95 and when I check the valves at about 15,000 miles it appeared that I was the first to remove the cam cover. All the exhausts were tight along with a couple of intakes. The bike was still running good, though.

Anyway, if the bike just started missing after I did something to it I would be suspecious of that. Next do easy thing like syncing carbs. Is it missing at 1,100 rpm or 11,000 rpm?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
11,000, it was late when I wrote it. It seems like it is missing all the time. But it is most noticable at 11,000. It seems like it may be getting worse.

·
Registered
418 Posts
don't take the gaps on the plugs as being correct when you buy them, did your check them before you stuck them in ?.

Ash

Live to ride, Erm Erm, Where are my Car Keys ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gapped the plugs to the specs that were under the seat. It seemed to run better after I put them in. I just noticed the other day when I was playing around and riding wheelies that I seemed to had lost some power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.