Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have many hairs left on my head. Why don't they release the damn specs already. This bike is scheduled to be out in December and everyone is taking deposits on them. How in the world can you order a bike when you know nothing about it? Don't you know kaw. is just sitting back loving all these speculations everyone is making? I think what we need is a contest where whoever gets closest to spec. gets a prize. It has been said that it will weigh less than gsxr-1000 and have more power. Well, that means more than 152hp and less than 444lbs. A big bore kit for a zx9 will give you 160hp at rear wheel and it has 13:1 compression. Now, this new engine will have a better exhaust, intake, injectors, and stroke. I am going to guess 163hp and as for weight I will say 392lbs. No, make that 389lbs. God, I sure hope I am right. 3rd gear wheelies definitely will be easy.

·
Registered
493 Posts
389 lbs wet? no way... im assuming u mean weight cuz u list the gsxr 1000 wet weight... i'm guessing it will weigh about 360lbs dry...158rwhp...i think that would give it the "best power to weight Ratio" they keep talking about... this bike is gunna be so damn fast:D

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Druman when I sat on the bike at Biketoberfest it felt almost as light as mine(zx-6rr). It actually is about the same size and the Kawi rep said it would weigh about 5-7 pds. more dry. Pics can't give you the whole picture(no pun intended) you must see the bike in real life. :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by ga6rr
Druman when I sat on the bike at Biketoberfest it felt almost as light as mine(zx-6rr). It actually is about the same size and the Kawi rep said it would weigh about 5-7 pds. more dry. Pics can't give you the whole picture(no pun intended) you must see the bike in real life. :D
Keep in mind that the bike you sat on at the show is not a full production unit, but rather an early prototype and likely non-functioning one. The manufacturers often produce look-alike early units for use in bike shows and so on. It may not have even had any fluids in it at all.

Not saying it will be COMPLETELY different by any means, but it isn't a finalized production unit with true final parts in it either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I sat on it and it feels like a 6, the model i sat on was a running one, you can see more pictures in the picture part (picture1)

·
Registered
493 Posts
just got back from the show... kawi staff told me that specs wont be released until january right b4 the bike is released... i bugged him about it for a bit an got this out of him... it will definitely have the best power to weight ratio of the new litre class.....it weighs over 16lbs less than the gsxr 1000 and exceeds the gsxr's 153 rwhp

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by melloyello
I don't have many hairs left on my head. Why don't they release the damn specs already. This bike is scheduled to be out in December and everyone is taking deposits on them. How in the world can you order a bike when you know nothing about it? Don't you know kaw. is just sitting back loving all these speculations everyone is making? I think what we need is a contest where whoever gets closest to spec. gets a prize. It has been said that it will weigh less than gsxr-1000 and have more power. Well, that means more than 152hp and less than 444lbs. A big bore kit for a zx9 will give you 160hp at rear wheel and it has 13:1 compression. Now, this new engine will have a better exhaust, intake, injectors, and stroke. I am going to guess 163hp and as for weight I will say 392lbs. No, make that 389lbs. God, I sure hope I am right. 3rd gear wheelies definitely will be easy.
Compared to the Yamaha, that weight would be a porker. Im guessing 370 dry. Just a few pounds lighter than Yamaha.

As for the spec's question I don't know. It is one I have also asked many times on this forum and others. Normally speaking it's not a great sign when it takes this long. It normally counts for last minute changes in order to be more competitive.

Some rumors are speculated that because Yamaha did such a good job keeping their bike secret until this year, Kawasaki didn't think it would have much competition in terms of power weight ratio. So that the new 10R was mainly focused on just beating the 2003 R1 and 2003 GSX1000 or more so the Suzuki, it didn’t intend to have any other challenges.

All and all I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the new 10R even if it is down on power. I’m impressed with Kawasaki’s changes over the last few years and I think they aim to please, and please they will. But will it be the most dominate 1k this year? I’m not that positive. We shall see? It’s gonna be hella fun watching the shoot outs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by ga6rr
That being said dry weights are also deceptive because bigger liter bikes hold bigger amounts of fluids. So even if the dry weight of the 10R was the same as the 636, it would be much heavier after all the fluids were entered in the bike. And at all the bike shows they are all bone dry, and only have slight amounts of oil in order to prevent internals rust.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Dj Dunzie the one I sat on was fully functioning(at least it cranked up and went into gear).They wouldn't let anyone test ride the 10R but there were several other new models there that they did test ride and a Kawi rep actually took the new Vulcan 2000 out for a spin and the bike is unreal. It accelerated faster than any cruiser I have ever seen.The reason for no test rides on the 10R and 2000 is that they are not out yet(at least that's what I was told).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.