Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any for a 1998 GSXR600 that I want to stunt. Freestyle Inginuity doesn't make them for that year bike. Is there anyplace else, or do you think just the extended frame sliders would protect it enough?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I don't know of anywhere to get them, but I am thinking about making so me for my 02 6R. If you have access to a torch, welder, drill, and grinder I am sure you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Did you call Tim at Freestyle Inginuity to see if he had any for that bike? I know I called him about mine on the zx6r and I ended up getting the first one. You can check racing905.com I think they make cages also. I know alot of people have had problems with there FI cages including me.
minytrker has attached this file: resize_of_100_0007.jpg

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yikes! maybe racing905.com is the way to go then. I contacted them about it, but from their website pictures it looks like they make them for the 98.

Hey, while I'm on the topic, where's the best place to stunt? I don't plan on putting this bike on the road, but I suppose I could always do it in front of my house. I'm not looking to ride 100+mph wheelies or hold them for really long, but I would like to learn circle burnouts and be able to get some decent high chairs or something. Obviously, an empty road is the best, and my road is pretty empty, but would an industrial park be good after hours?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Cages are a very hot topic in the stunt world. I wont buy another cage from FI but the cage did do its job, nothing on the bike got broke. My cage broke like that on both sides, I have redone it since then and havent many problems. Also consider that no cage will hold hold up to everything and you want the cage to be the weak link or else you will break your frame or motor mount. FI has made some changes in design to there cages to make them better but Im not gonna buy another one just because they made a weak one the first time. Now on the stunting place. We practice behind a huge warehouse mostly, but also use parking lots and wherever we can find a good road out of the way of cars. Some places will let you use there parking lot after hours, just dont want burnouts. I saw you are looking for gsxr parts, email me what you need.
[email protected]

·
Registered
999 Posts
They just started making cages, just like racing905. I havent very much about since they just got started. I know they were just putting there first cages on a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh that reminds me, I can't get those forks, minytrker. We tried to get the bike out of the tow yard that it was in, and over to my friend's body shop so it wouldn't get written off, but the insurance company wouldn't let us take it. So it got written off, and now we can't even buy it back!! It has to go to auction and will go to the highest bidder. The only damage this bike had was the forks, so it's going to go for a lot of money. I've never been to an auction, but I'm just assuming cause the damage was so minimal. It sucks I really wanted a stunt bike.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thats cool, I know how that goes. The dealer had a F4I that was a theft recovery that was near mint that we were trying to buy but they wouldnt sell it, sent it to auction. The auction depends on who's there on the prices. A guy just bought a 02 zx6r with 502 miles on it with a salvage title and the left faring rashed up for $2500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.