Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need frame sliders for my 636 and I want to get a good deal on them. Wheres the best place on line ot get them? And if possible I would like silver colored ones but I am not sure if they come in silver to match my bike.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
ebay. same price as dealers, but it depends if you get the ones with detachable color pucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Those are swing arm sliders, they do not bolt into the engine. They go into the swingarm holes where you would mount stand spools.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Apollo, is there a such thing as universal frame sliders? Because I looked at the picture on the site that i listed and it appears as if that slider is in the swingarm. However, on page 106 of the LP catalog, those same sliders are bolted through the faring of a Honda and a Yamaha. I have seen pictures of 6Rs on this site that have these same sliders in the faring. Unfortunately, I can't find any of them now. I verified that the part numbers of the same. http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/pages/product-sub3.asp?id=278

·
Registered
321 Posts
hey falcon eight yes why??
no good??

his screen name is summoreparts
i talked to a lady from the company and she was very prompt and nice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
There arn't universal sliders, but those are probobly frame sliders and the picture is just wrong. If you look at the picture you can see they are in the swing arm.

I would go with the Vortex frame sliders though. Those LP ones have the slider plate screwed into the piece so that if you go down it will grind down the screws and you can't get it out. The vortex sliders don't have this problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fedarrel, those are tight!! [:0] Nice find. I had been looking for some different ones. If you get them, let me know what you think. Post a picture if you can.

Apollo, I agree that the picture on the Parts411 is incorrect. That is a swingarm. The Vortex frame sliders are ok, but I just didn't like the color of any of the pucks. Besides black and white, all the other colors look flouresent.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Originally posted by Bluebaby
Fedarrel, those are tight!! [:0] Nice find. I had been looking for some different ones. If you get them, let me know what you think. Post a picture if you can.

There on the way so I will post a pic after I install them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.