Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to Tempe on Wednesday, and I need to get another bike while I'm there. I don't want to go spending all my money right away and not be able to afford the apartment later, but if anybody has the names of any newspapers, internet sites, etc. that list motorcycles for sale in the Phoenix area. I'm looking for a Concours or maybe a Enduro or Sportbike; anything but a cruiser. I don't have a ton of money either, so I'm trying to avoid dealers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are willing to build or put one together try bob's. The only thing is they are all salvaged. I got a 03 636 for $3850. It is almost new but needs all new front plastic and headlight. I'll be into it for about $5k when totaly done. just a suggestion.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cycletrader is the route to go. I also will give a vote for Bob's. They're basically a bike salvage yard, but they're honest and willing to deal a bit. I may just find my next track bike there. ;)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is Bob's? Does anyone have the website? I went to the 7-11 down the street from me and got the Cycletrader mag. Lots of bikes in there. The weather out here is perfect for riding. When I left NY they were closing the schools because of -20F temperature, and here in Tempe it's 75 and sunny. A bit chilly at night though, but nowheres near as cold as NY. Lots of chicks around too. :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm having a little trouble finding a job around here, if anyone knows of anyplace I should try or something like that please let me know. I'm 18 and was just looking for a job to pay the bills-not like a life career or anything. Thanks again

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bobs is on elwood off of 7th st. South of I-17 602.437.3148 is the phone number ask for dave he's a cool guy real helpful. They have plenty of complete bikes that sometimes just need a little work.

·
Registered
700 Posts
bike shops in AZ

Where's a good place to pick up a new 636 in Arizona. Somewhere I can get a good deal and good customer service. I heard Apache is pretty good but are there any other shops with good reputation? I haven't heard many good things from the AZmotorsports group.

·
Registered
558 Posts
azmotorsports is like the van tile of bike dealers as if anyone knows who im talking bout... north valley honda just bought valley kawasaki and they are trying to get rid of the 03s i think you might be able to catch a good deal plus the ppl are really cool there. nv hondas # is602.996.9280 good luck! o wait .. pay off mine and you can have it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
thanks, I'll check it out

·
Registered
551 Posts
Originally posted by Triker
Kelly's Kawasaki in Mesa on Country Club (480) 969-9610 . Northwest Valley Honda/Kaw on Cave Creen Rd in Phoenix, International Motorsports on 7th Street in Phoenix http://www.phxmotorsports.com/
They were asking 7999 for 03's as of last weekend. I dunno but I got mine in Escondido, CA brand new for 7400 out the door. (put 5 g's down...got impatient :D)

·
Registered
700 Posts
have you guys heard anything about apache?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by PSCZX6R
Apache rocks...Ask for Mark. I've bought my last two bikes from him. Great customer service, good prices...and no hassle
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay OTD for yer 03' and when did you buy it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by aznridr
Originally posted by PSCZX6R
Apache rocks...Ask for Mark. I've bought my last two bikes from him. Great customer service, good prices...and no hassle
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay OTD for yer 03' and when did you buy it?
Uh if I tell you Mark will prolly be pissed at me...but I got a smokin deal on it....:) but it was well under $7500

1 - 20 of 26 Posts