Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched and found all the discussions on Akrapovic vs. Muzzy, though i still dont know which to get! i love the polished stainless look of the stock pipe, but i think i agree that the Ti Akrapovic is the better choice than going for a polished stainless Muzzy simply because it retains 'the look'... rrrrr

[?]

so where can i order an Akrapovic online? i can order Muzzy from a bunch of places, including directly from www.muzzys.com

thanx --

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did you guys find your pipes? ive written emails to three or four companies that i found out have Akrapovic and all i get is "theyre not out yet." "we dont have them" etc. didnt try LP yet though.

this is for a 2003 ZX-6R...

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Try giving them the part number...

Which system are you looking at, I'll get the number for you...

SLIP ONS...
* Titanium pipe / titanium can
* Titanium pipe / carbon can
* Stainless steel pipe / titanium can
* Stainless steel pipe / carbon can

FULL SYSTEM...
* Race system (stainless steel headers & pipe) with titanium can
* Race system (stainless steel headers & pipe) with carbon can
* Evolution system (full titanium) with titanium can
* Evolution system (full titanium) with carbon can

????

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im going for the slip on, TI link pipe and TI can. the part number i got off akrapovic's site is S-K6S01T-T; is that correct?

probably should wait till i get more than the 130 miles i have on it, though ;)

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yep, that's it... and that's also the exact system I got...

You'd love it... sounds sooooo sweet... looks even better...

The TI link pipe is unreal in finish, these pics don't do it justice... and get this... you'll save NINE POUNDS off the stocker !!!!!! [:p]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Quick question...
Why the hell woudln't they give you the pipe bracket in TI also. It woul look great if it was all the same material. Even the stock black bracket on stainless pipe looks like crap. But if I bought an aftermarket pipe I would expect the bracket to come in the same material as the pipe. I have seen it in carbon fiber but not in TI

With Great Power(111HP to be exact)... Comes Great Responsibility

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the Akrapovic part number S-K6S01T-T for the '03 ZX-6RR the same part number for the '03 ZX-6R? Their website doesn't actuall mention the R, just the RR. This forum has convinced me to go with the Akrapovic Slip-On, just want to make sure I have the right pipe coming my way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LP is telling me the Ti slipon for the '03 ZX-6R is backordered till the end of May. Anyone know of a shop who has them in stock?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.