Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 ZX-6R with 360 miles on it and I find this on the floor of the garage under the bike.

Where's it from?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only thing I did was an oil and filter change. Maybe it's just road debris. I'll let the main mechanic at the dealership look at it tomorrow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Valve Springs..hmmm, maybe he changes hes oil from the top :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any chance someone at the factory dropped one while they were building the bike and it finally dislodged?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by ddan24
Found a wrench in my car eninge once. Most likely from the previous owner.
that's how I became the owner of my first and only snap-on tool.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jpaul310
they look like valve springs to me!

Valve spring to what ??
lol, dont worry dude, I dont think its your valve spring.

You know what, it may be part of your bikes power band. I hear the newer models are switching to springs instead of bands to improve throttle response.

Thats bullshit that it would just fall out like that. I would call kawasaki and tell them you want your power band replaced immediateley.

·
Registered
950 Posts
flo, LOL

I would consider it weight reduction and move forward. Might be a good opportunity to upgrade to the muzzy clutch, +12.39567 HP.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by FLOJOE

You know what, it may be part of your bikes power band. I hear the newer models are switching to springs instead of bands to improve throttle response.

Thats bullshit that it would just fall out like that. I would call kawasaki and tell them you want your power band replaced immediateley.
They agreed with you! I'm taking it in tomorrow morning. They said the latter model 6R's have had issues with the spring drives and they would replace it with a traditional power band at no cost.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
They agreed with you! I'm taking it in tomorrow morning. They said the latter model 6R's have had issues with the spring drives and they would replace it with a traditional power band at no cost.

Thanks for the help!
Lol, thats what I'm here for.

Seriously though, I have no idea where that came from. I have been looking through some schematics to try and figure it out. I'll let you know if I find anything. I'm thinking it might not have come from your bike though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't bother looking further. We've figured out it came from a tire pressure gage which blew up on Monday. Sorry for the goose chase, needed to put two people who had been in the same place at different times together.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.