Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see how almost everyone removes the front reflector, and while my bike was sitting at the store today I decided to unscrew the relector and nothing was under it.

So I am wondering where do I get another set of nuts like the ones that sit under the reflector?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ive heard some people use screws off of the rear mudflap. Me personally went to the dealer and got the same screws that are above reflectors. works great and under 5 bucks IIRC.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i went to the dealer for mine. buck and change per screw. kind of pricey but i wanted to do this bike right (no ghetto rigs like my last one).

it was funny though cuz the stealership only had 1 screw so i had to special order and wait a week for the second one to come in.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The screw off my mudflap looks just like the other screw on the front fender. So there was go "ghetto" look to it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
As long as you put on a fender eliminator you should have the two screws from the mudflap, which are the exact same part # as the ones that you would buy from the dealer to replace the front reflectors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ddan24
As long as you put on a fender eliminator you should have the two screws from the mudflap, which are the exact same part # as the ones that you would buy from the dealer to replace the front reflectors.
awesome. fender elimintaor is coming soon...

·
Registered
763 Posts
i wish i could find some in black :(

i bought some bolts from home depot just like the stock ones pretty much, that are black... but they are rusting!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
black ones are at home depot bring the reflector and ask them to tell you see size and then u can pick from black or silver and allen or regualr head also

·
Banned
495 Posts
free at home depot....lol [8D]

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
black ones are at home depot bring the reflector and ask them to tell you see size and then u can pick from black or silver and allen or regualr head also
like i said, i got allen head ones from home depot in black already

but they rust a little bit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
haha, i just put my fender eliminator kit and read this forum.. hehe i love this forum, i just got rid of those ugly things.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, I just went home depot and bought some zinc plated screws (to prevent rust) and sprayed them glossy black... Cheap and way too easy :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Or you can use the ones that hold the OEM exhaust cap on the stock muffler, if you have a aftermarket exhaust, that is...

GunRunner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.