Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It's hard to say. I did several things at one time, Factory Pro 1.7 jet kit and +4 advance, Yoshimura can plus PAIR sucker mod. Together it made a big difference. Everything is smoother, midrange is better, fuel economy is increased and it screams above 8,000. It will now occassionally power wheelie in 2nd if I am not careful. Before I don't ever remember it trying to power wheelie in first.

·
Registered
316 Posts
What year bike do you have? could you do an ignition advancer on its own? Maybe a newbie question, but better to make sure I get exactly what I bargain for, and not have any suprises.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
156 Posts
ok excuse me for my ignorance.. but what exactly is an ignition advancer what does it do for you.. is it a worthwhile mod for street or jsut track?

to get over someone .....get under someone!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I installed a Factory +4 on mine yesterday and I can feel more of a difference with that then the stage one and K&N filter I put in last week.I haven't tried to pull it up in second yet but it shoots up in first very easily :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have a factory 4 degree advancer in mine as well as the filter, jett, exhaust, pair mod.. I can not say exactly what an igniton advancer will do by itself however it is supposed to all you to kick into a powerband sooner. gives the bike more low end. Of course that takes away from the top end a little but it's not noticeable. for a track racer ignition advancing is useless since you are running over 10,000 the entire lap but for street it's nice. It allows you to accelerate quicker from a stop and/or if you are going slow in first it'll pull much sooner

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2001 ZX6R that I run on the track and street. Basically have a yosh slip on and muzzy adjustable ignition advancer, it's currently set at 2.5 advance, the ignition advancer can go from +5 to -5, once I install my Ivan jet kit (next week), I will play around with it a bit more....but if you guys are running at 4 advance, you better watch for any knocking sound if your fuel is of low octane or are running in very hot weather....

WMRC Novice Racer #87

www.bcsportbikes.com/cgi-bin/bike.disp/37

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.