Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've had my Ninja 400R for 3 years now...I LOVE my bike...it's a great commuter bike for work and it now has over 12,000kms on it....I've been thinking about getting another bike to step up to...any thoughts? I feel like I'm ready to step up...had it up at Calabogie for an advanced rider training course....

My husband enjoyed riding my bike so much that he bought a Ninja 650R and enjoys it..I have been eyeing it, but is it the right next bike??

Not sure I am ready for a Supersport bike like the ZX-6, but I'm willing to consider all suggestions.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
448 Posts
A lot of it depends on what type of riding you do and what you're looking for in a bike. I had a 650 before my 6r and thought it was a great all around bike.

I agree with the previous poster that you should try the 650. It will probably be exactly what you're looking for. A little more power then the 400 and a good neutral riding position. SS bike are fun but they have their drawbacks (mainly ergos).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
the 650 and the 400 are the same bike physically, just with different engine sizes. If you feel right on the 400 but just want more power, the 650 seems like the logical next step.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
True, i forget what the 400 is. We never get as many models in the states. :mad:

sent from my fone.
Certain countries/markets charge a road tax on motorcycles based on engine size and I think the cost really starts to go up once you near that 600cc area. Also, some markets have tiered licensing systems so there's much more demand for a 400cc bike in those markets. Between the 300 and 650 we sell here in The US, I can't see much point in putting a 400 in the mix.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
kawi z1000
FZ8 FZ1 by yami
triumph's street triple 675 or speed triple 1050
those are all excellent standard-style bikes, that will be a lil more fun than the 400

i really use i could buy a 400 in the US...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts