Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to nearly all the Kawi dealers in the area and no one has a ZZR600 in stock. Mind you, I haven't asked any salesmen about it because I just want to try one on for size. At 5'8" with a 29 inch inseam, I have a hard time flat footing most sportbikes - stock height ones anyway. I'm currently a scooter rider... are you finished laughing yet... but I want to move up to the ZZR600 by next spring at the latest. Does anyone make a suspension drop for this bike? If so, then just finding a ZZR will be the only problem.

BTW, it's no wimpy scooter... 0-60mph in under 6 seconds with a 398cc single cylinder 4 stroke engine... but it tops out at 100mph and attracts 0 ladies!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your best bet is to keep looking and soon the dealers should start recieving the 2007 model. Most are going to be sold out of the 2006 model by now as they go fast. I got my bike in february and it wasnt even uncrated yet and there werent any on the showroom but I knew what i was looking for so I went straight to a salesman and asked. If you are remotely serious about getting one you really ought to be talking to a dealer about when they are expecting a shipment as they sell out fast. Also, yes you can lower one easily. The kit for the rear is relatively cheap and the front is just a matter of moving the forks up in the triple tree. Both are pretty easy to do. BTW the zzr is a great choice for an upgrade. It is the best priced bike on the market for what you get and insurance isnt that bad even compared to a zx6r (at least for me it is).

·
Registered
200 Posts
when I went to find my ZZR not one dealership had them in stock. I had to ask the dealer and he made some calls and found out that they had only one left in their warehouse and it was still in the crate. These bikes are very good sellers according to most dealers I talked to, I'm not too suprised since its a great bike for the money. I would wait though until the new 07' models hit the floor, the Ebony Black looks sick.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by ZZRKEN
when I went to find my ZZR not one dealership had them in stock. I had to ask the dealer and he made some calls and found out that they had only one left in their warehouse and it was still in the crate. These bikes are very good sellers according to most dealers I talked to, I'm not too suprised since its a great bike for the money. I would wait though until the new 07' models hit the floor, the Ebony Black looks sick.
So black is the 07' color. sweet. it should look pretty sharp

·
Registered
22 Posts
saw one (silver) at Ashland Motor Sports (Ashland, Ky) today and the Kawasaki dealer in Richmond, KY has one on the floor also. I'm looking to pick one up as a second bike. Gotta say, the ZZR600 is probably the most comfortable sportbike I've sat on. Fits like a glove and feels feather weight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by jhendrix

So black is the 07' color. sweet. it should look pretty sharp
Actually, there are two colors for '07 - Ebony Black and Candy Red... I'm a little partial to red but would take black if that was my only choice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by pmkls1
Your best bet is to keep looking and soon the dealers should start recieving the 2007 model. Most are going to be sold out of the 2006 model by now as they go fast. I got my bike in february and it wasnt even uncrated yet and there werent any on the showroom but I knew what i was looking for so I went straight to a salesman and asked. If you are remotely serious about getting one you really ought to be talking to a dealer about when they are expecting a shipment as they sell out fast. Also, yes you can lower one easily. The kit for the rear is relatively cheap and the front is just a matter of moving the forks up in the triple tree. Both are pretty easy to do. BTW the zzr is a great choice for an upgrade. It is the best priced bike on the market for what you get and insurance isnt that bad even compared to a zx6r (at least for me it is).
Thanks for the info. I am serious about the ZZR, so I think I'll put a bug in my salesman's ear about a Candy Red '07. Especially now that I know I can drop a few inches out of the suspension so I can reach the ground without spending a fortune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
07 ZZRs are ariving very soon. I just put a deposit down on mine (ebony). My dealer is receiving a shipment before mid-July.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
when I got my zzr there was only one dealer at the time that had one, and they had just the one. I called late sat afternoon and asked if they had any, they said they had one, and this was like 15 min before they closed and I asked if they would stay late to sell it, and they said come on down lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My zzr story was like a dream. I called, he said he could have one by the end of the week. I went in the next day and he had one set-up on the showroom floor for me!! sweet. bought it on the spot!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went in to the store looking for the 05 zzr. Had it on the floor and it was the last one they were going to get for the 05 model. This was July of last year. 07s should be on the market pretty soon. Love the bike, and now that the rain is over with, we've had excellent riding weather in MD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.