Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently faced with below freezing temeratures on my morning ride to work and started thinking "Am I nuts?" So I wonder, how far do you go? Do you spike the tires and go racing with snowmobiles? Have you ever though about trying to put chains on your tires?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Chains on tires? lol, no:D

It was 1 degree celsius outside for much of today, but I luckily don't have to commute more then 2* 10km or so. Maybe an enduro, off-road smoto, type bike for the winter[8D] hmm... Where to find the cash...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I won't ride after the first time they put salt down on the road. I can usually ride into December in these parts, but not likely all the way through. After that, it's winterizing time... sigh.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My first winter riding here. Don't laugh, but I've been putting off buying the leather jacket (textile now), and it got a little chilly this morning at 56 degrees.

Hey Swjohnsey, where in south Texas are you from?

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey nexus, how do u like riding around the seattle area. My sister lives out there and I've been there many times to visit. I love it out there and everytime I go, I wish I could have my bike with me. That area is soo awesome, i could only imagine going for a long ride around it.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by silver_6r
hey nexus, how do u like riding around the seattle area. My sister lives out there and I've been there many times to visit. I love it out there and everytime I go, I wish I could have my bike with me. That area is soo awesome, i could only imagine going for a long ride around it.
And to add to that, does it rain a ton there like the people on the Weather Channel always say?:D lol I hear that it is really scenic, but I also hear that it rains more there than in any other place in the nation.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well it's raining now.
Summer is great, it does not get too hot, and not that much rain. Winter is warm, but it does rain a lot. We got mountains here, lots of twisty stuff. Oh and yea, view is awesome, mountains and ocean.
Come and ride :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It was 46 F out this morning on the ride to work and right now it is a smooth 70. This morning wasn't bad at all (this is my first winter riding). I think I'm going to keep on riding as long as salt isn't on the roads. We don't usually get snow until about February, and it is all cleaned up by the end of March...I'll ride the whole time as long as there isn't any white stuff!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
32 degrees farenheit/ 0 degrees celsius is freezing point. I don't go out when it's below those temperatures simply because you never know when there might be black ice on the roads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unfortunetely they don't put salt on the roads here, they spray gravel everywhere. So even when the weather is nice enough to ride in the winter, often times its rather risky just because of all the gravel.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well this morning with -1 celcius I was asking myself:
"Is it time to get my car back from my G/F?"
The answer came just after my hands started freezing in the gloves:
"Hell yeah!"

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
suck it up man. that when you take the snowmoblie to work. or install hand warmers on you zx

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm in Kingsville, just south of Corpus Christi on U.S. 77. If God decided to give the world an enima this is where She would stick the tube.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I knew this topic was posted by a Canadian. Sorry that the weather doesn't cooperate in the Great White North. I live in Southern California, so it's pretty much always a good time to go riding.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.