Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious to see where everyone practices at. I have a hard time finding the place to practice wheelies that is open enough and that I am less likely to get busted by the po po at. At night after I close my store and while I am waiting for my employees to finish cleaning up I will go outside and warm my bike up and practice a little but my lot is pretty small so I dont have much room to go before I gotta set it down. I dont like practicing in the street for a few reasons the most important one being that I dont wanna get busted. Of course not everyone lives in the same place as me obviously, but I just wanna know about general places like parking lots, closed roads, or the street, etc...........

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I have a ton of good paved back roads in rural farm areas and stuff where there are few cops. I've run into a couple sheriffs but they really don't seem to care I wheelied right by one on accident one morning and he didn't even flinch at me. Most sheriffs seems to be cool as long as you're not on highly populated roads or freeways. That's for WA though.

·
Registered
276 Posts
here in maine the only real concern is state troopers on main roads, if i stay on back roads and keep it under control nobody seems to worried.

i had a shreif come onto a straight away when i was half way down it doing a 50-60 mph 2nd gear stand up, i just set it down easy and he didnt even turn around.

i wouldnt recomend testing your luck tho, its an easy to loose your licance

·
Registered
668 Posts
Force yourself to get good in small places and you wont have that problem. look for industrial areas with loading docks. nice flat concrete is perfect. Just go somwhere where you wont bother anyone that doesnt have much traffic at the time your practicing and youll be fine. its takes a long time to find a good spot and once you do, only tell trusted friends. otherwise it will be burnt.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Around here there is a spot like vettjd01 said in a wharehouse spot with loading docks. It's right off a main road and almost every night there is like 10-30 bikes and atleast 2-3 riding at a time. The cops come by every once in a while, but we have gotten permision from the owners of the building so being personal property not a public road they really cant do anything. And the usually stay and watch for a while. I tell you what, it is kind of weird doing wheelies up and down in front of a bike cop, but its fun.[:p]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys, i know since i have nothing better to do i am going to continue to practice at work but when i have the time im gonna find a place with a little more room too. i think i may know a location nearby i just gotta make sure there arent many cops that come by there or if they do they dont care. im dying to get comfortable finding the bp, its hard to do that around where i live cuz its a tourist town so the cops are particularly tough at least on the main roads and the back roads are way too twisty to get good practice in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
industrial parks/ business parks usually have some good areas to practice ...the one around me has a straight flat road for about 3/4 of a mile ....me and my friends go around 630-7 when everyone is gone....cops have come once for noise just said be careful and try to keep the noise down....they told us they wouldn't even have come except the had to follow up on the complaint.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, the place i am talking about is a closed textile factory. there arent any no trespassing signs up so i dont think i have a lot to worry about unless somebody complains. other than that there arent many places that large and flat that arent used 24 hours a day and like i said earlier there arent straight roads around here. thats great for some fun spirited riding but it sucks for practicing stunts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.