Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine wont go any faster than 164 indicated on digital speedo... no matter what I do..raise my ass off seat, go downhill, downwind, downhill and downwind w/ ass off seat...Prolly 156 or 158 in reality..but impressed w/ how it will achieve that speed w only 636..acceleration is on par w/ 2000 gixxer 750 and handling is lighter..no probs so far w/ front end even on rough roads and you can nail it mid corner without worry of highsiding!! Very impressed..Went in to pay for gas today and when I came out someone had my mag-knight magnetic tank-bra in thier possession though..very easy to put on and vice-versa..asshole thieves:(

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am not bragging. Only answering your question. I went for a ride yesterday, and before yesterday, the fastest I had mine was 173, by the speedo. Not too shabby. Well, I went for a ride yesterday, and topped out at 178 going down a grade from a mountain. Not a really steep grade, probably about 5 degrees or so. Again, this is by the digital speedo only, not actual speed. I have no idea what it actually is. Mine is completely stock, except for removing the fender from the back. I am at about 4000 feet elevation and have about 1700 miles on mine. Break in will make a huge difference. When I first had the break in over with, it would only top out at about 169 by the speedo, so I definetly believe that break in makes all the difference in the world.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have had 180mph on the clock twice so far!!!! but mine does have an akky can & my leathers have a 'speed hump' which may help??? also if the speedo is about about 10% out that is a real 162ish so theres probally a couple more mph to come.......

Blair

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Originally posted by bikealarmblair

I have had 180mph on the clock twice so far!!!! but mine does have an akky can & my leathers have a 'speed hump' which may help??? also if the speedo is about about 10% out that is a real 162ish so theres probally a couple more mph to come.......
This just doesn't make any sense. At 70 MPH in 6th gear, I'm at 6,000 RPM. 80 MPH and I'm at 7,000. 120 MPH and I'm at 11,000. If you're going 180, that would mean the bike is 17,000 RPM.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On a dyno my bike toped out at 160 when the rev limiter kicked in, in 6th. The speedo indicated 180, 20 mph off! Therefore, with no wind resistance the top speed is 160, w/wind and road who knows, but not 160...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
164 that all I could get stock. but never tried it with the hindle system yet. have to get it map first

·
Registered
934 Posts
...and guys wonder why insurance is high?? :D Man I just love these affordable rockets!! [:M98] Looks like we've all got the need, the need for speed! [:M22]

·
Registered
558 Posts
the fastest i've gotten mine is 164 indicated and i think i had more cos i was seeing the shift light and i havent ajusted that and i think its set a thousand rpms back of redline.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i don't know where in the world I would feel safe going that fast on the street...

I'm more afraid of the cops than anything...dont want to mess up my excellent record or my super low insurance...

fastest I had mine was 120, and that was passing 3 cages uphill...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw 151 indicated the other night, had more in it but the shift light came on and kinda spooked me. Took me a second to figure out what it was, never seen it before ;)

What is the shift light set at stock?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.