Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen pics of people putting their license plates this low and was wondering if it is legal? btw if this is your bike: sorry if ya don't want me to post it...i just needed a example

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Most area's will not consider it legal, but also won't give you any trouble for it unless:
a)you got caught doing something really stupid
b)cop is in a bad mood

Its unlikely a cop is going to pull you over solely for that, but the risk is there of getting an extra ticket if pulled over for somethine else, especially if you happen to mouth of to the cop..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Usually if you have it lit, it will not be a problem. However, you are supposed to have your plate at the rear most part of the vehicle...supposedly.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Nope, not legal. All license plates must be clearly visable and unobstructed so that any vehicle one lane to either side can identify it.

That looks like a Colorado plate, too.
BC.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I recieved a $110 fine for an illegible license plate this summer. The cop branded me as a street racer because I had a fender eliminator. I argued because he was a dick, so he then proceeded to give me a ticket for no insurance even though I had a valid pink card. He also managed to provide me with a good lecture about how he has ridden sport bikes for over 10 years and has never been pulled over[:M61]

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Hmmmm......I just love Canada..........where else can you find a biker cop.....who rides sportbikes, for 10 yrs.....and apparently does not know why people buy fender eliminator kits........oh, just the street racers.......forgot , sorry.

Th last one I had, up and under,on my F2 was lighted and unobstructed. As the cop wrote out my speeding ticket he had no issues with the plate......

Jason

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hmmm, a cop whose riden sport bikes for 10 years and has never been pulled over...??...well no SHIT! Having that badge to show off goes a long way...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here's a pic where you can see where my plate is mounted:

Now I've been pulled over by N.R.P. (Niagara Regional Police) and the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police) on 2 or 3 separate occasions and have yet to ride away with any tickets... *knock on wood* Neither of the officers ever even commented on the placement of the plate (which DOES have a little white light shinning on it). It's all how you present yourself and speak with the officer... polite and curtious goes a long long way!

·
Registered
215 Posts
In Winnipeg we have red light and speed radar cameras. If you are speeding the camera takes a 2 pictures from behind, one zoomed in to get the plate and another one to see the car and its surroundings. The cameras are mounted on poles about 3 meters (9-10 feet) above road level. From that angle do you think they could take a picture of your plate if it was mounted as shown in the picture posted by spartan?

If it couldn't i'm sure the cops wouldn't take long to start handing out tickets for plates mounted like that. Does anyone else live in a city with these speed cameras? ANyone get a ticket with their plate mounted like that.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I dunno about other places, but I live in Cali and they don't seem to care. I know a guy who keeps his plate under the seat of his R6 (litterally under, in the inside compartment). Whenever he gets pulled over for it he gets a fix-it ticket. As long as he shows the CHP it's fixed within 30 days, he doesn't have to pay. Then he takes it back off agian.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
This is crazy! Well i just put the elimanator kit on last night. I am in belgium where the use red light cams. So I will keep you posted if things get crazy. Cops always ticket things you can buy legally, Why not go after the company that makes them. So now i am a street racer cause I have a e kit?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
that looks photo edited to mee;)[:eek:)]:D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I've had LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) follow behind me quite often with no problems. Just as long as you don't act squidly you shouldn't have any problems. I sent a pic to the Texas DPS and they said it was basically up to the officer whether or not they will write a ticket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.