Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after all the research i have decided to go with a full Area P exhaust system. The only place though i have found to buy one is straight through Area P. Where are other places and hopefully with lower prices to purchase this exhaust?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I didn't think their prices were high when I ordered mine from them directly. They were great to deal with and have excellent customer service, plus their product is of very high quality.

good luck. I'm sure you will be very pleased with the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
unfortunately the only time I've seen them lower than the prices on their website is when GB was organized (which AP is not doing anymore) and used.

what combo are you ordering?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks , lynnwood here.

im going with a full w/ standard muffler, k&n filters, and dnyo jet kit. I saw the re-jet database thread and loved it. I think im going with vex's setup. i will be using all his same parts.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
thanks , lynnwood here.

im going with a full w/ standard muffler, k&n filters, and dnyo jet kit. I saw the re-jet database thread and loved it. I think im going with vex's setup. i will be using all his same parts.
I believe he uses a Factory pro jet kit. No endorsement, but make sure you use the conversion chart between the DJ and FP to select the correct main for the setup. His main is 112 Keihin.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The Area P exhaust is amazing quality for the price. I went with the quiet core after I seen several other complaints on noise level. I will tell you the quiet core sounds amazing. In the past I had a scorpion exhaust on my old SV650 and it was perfect. I drove my friends 07 GSXR600, and the stock exhaust drove me nuts. It was loud and annoying. I can live without that, and although they put advertise the Area P as "quiet" it sounds nice and deep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well my car is a 76 mustang mach 1, built 302 with dual flowmasters, so noise is nothing new to me. i want to hear my engines.lol. Also can you keep the stock heat sheild with this exhaust?

·
Registered
647 Posts
i dont know about the area p but the yoshi you get a new heatsheild. id assume its the same for a area p or any aftermarktet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
No, heat shield will not fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just think the bike looks cleaner with the shield on. Thats the only thing i dont like is seeing that tiny pipe go to that big muffler. i have seen the heat shield on other aftermarket pipe and some have painted it black and i thought it looked cool like that

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went for Area-P quiet core carbon version, and I bought it from there website and so far my experience is a customer service second to none.

A question though, from what I read carbon fiber does not get that hot so if you touch it you will not get burned, but since I am still have not received it I am unsure. Sometimes I drive in shorts, t-shirt and sneakers (still helmet though) due to the heat where I live I do it on short distances... Well ok unless I drive far hehe, so with my old CBR600RR if I touched by the pot with my foot I got 2nd degree burns every time. If the carbon fiber does not 5 plus for that, anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
unfortunately the only time I've seen them lower than the prices on their website is when GB was organized (which AP is not doing anymore) and used.

what combo are you ordering?
The GB was ours. I don't think AP has done one.. We can do another.. just need to get enough members together for it. You also need to remember, your KF membership entitles you to a 15% discount on parts and accessories at AK (including exhausts).
When I went to AP about an exhaust for the 250, the basis for it was 1) be cost effective 2) produce as much linear power as possible with only the use of a jet kit.3) cosmetics.
At the time I was forming the rules for the WSMC AK 250 Cup, and wanted the entrants to receive the most bang for their buck with anything they'd need to purchase. AP spent a lot of time and effort designing it, paying attention to everything from bends, to tapers, to diameter, to pipe/can length. With it needing to be cost-effective, you're gonna see function being placed a lot higher than form. The AP makes as much if not more power than any other system I've tested on the 250, but it doesn't come with the trim piece that the Yosh has on it, that covers the area where the piping meets the can.
The decision on which one to get comes down to how high of an emphasis you put on aesthetics. They both produce power.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The GB was ours. I don't think AP has done one.. We can do another.. just need to get enough members together for it. You also need to remember, your KF membership entitles you to a 15% discount on parts and accessories at AK (including exhausts).
When I went to AP about an exhaust for the 250, the basis for it was 1) be cost effective 2) produce as much linear power as possible with only the use of a jet kit.3) cosmetics.
At the time I was forming the rules for the WSMC AK 250 Cup, and wanted the entrants to receive the most bang for their buck with anything they'd need to purchase. AP spent a lot of time and effort designing it, paying attention to everything from bends, to tapers, to diameter, to pipe/can length. With it needing to be cost-effective, you're gonna see function being placed a lot higher than form. The AP makes as much if not more power than any other system I've tested on the 250, but it doesn't come with the trim piece that the Yosh has on it, that covers the area where the piping meets the can.
The decision on which one to get comes down to how high of an emphasis you put on aesthetics. They both produce power.
What would be needed to start another GB?

·
Registered
298 Posts
A question though, from what I read carbon fiber does not get that hot so if you touch it you will not get burned, but since I am still have not received it I am unsure.
I have the carbon fiber can and what you heard is correct. you can ride it all day and then grab the can with your hand and its only warm to the touch. it wont burn you or even come close too because the carbon fiber doesn't get that hot. the pipe on the other hand, keep your hands away from that as its ~500 degrees F coming out of the engine and still ~350 degrees going into the can. but like kkim said, the pipe is well out of the way and even on the bike, the can is as well. i think i have only cliped it once or twice with my heel when i was adjusting my right foot on my peg, but i barely felt it through my boots, and no, it won't burn my boots since its only warm to the touch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts