Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how most of you sit on your bike? I seem most of the time to be right up against the tank when I am on the highway and then scoot back a little for more aggressive riding, then when my girlfriend is on the bike I have to go all the way back so she is not stuck between her seat (if you want to call it a seat) and my seat. I am not of great stature about 5’7” so to feel comfy (my wrists and hands don’t kill me) on the bike I need to sit forward on the seat, and I wonder if the taller people sit father back and how that affects there angle on the bike. I am wondering this because I have never ridden any thing other then my Ninja and sat a bunch of bikes at the local dealer this weakened and it included some naked bikes. Some day I might by a cruiser but I will NEVER give up my Ninja.

Oh, and I also sat on the new zx-1000 the thing that caught my eye the most is that there is nothing in front of you like on my 2001 Ninja just this little wind screen and the speedometer. But I hope to take it for a ride someday.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i sit the same way you do, we are about the same height. when my girl rides with me, she tends to scoot all the way to the front seat, so i need to sit more toward the rear.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey, Jayz.

I'd have to say that I'm the exact opposite: I sit right up against the tank during the aggressive stuff (more forward-weight bias), and further back on the seat during laid back & highway rides. When I'm all the way up front, I feel it's easier to quickly transition the bike from side to side.

inca jones

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Most of the time I try and keep the same seat position for most of my riding, the only thing I change is how far over the tank I am leaning and how hard I grip the tank with my knees. I always try to make sure there is a little bit of space between me and the tank so I don't end up with smashed ß⬬š. That hurts.

My GF will try and sit on the front seat with me. LOL. I have to tell her she has to sit on her own seat. For some reason she is always scared when she first gets on the bike and it takes her a few minutes to relax and enjoy the ride.

I see a lot of guys ride flush on the tank. I mean right on it. I can't do that.

-Flash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.