Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm in So Cal (near Studio City) and I've seen some deals online for helmets, gloves, pants, etc. Pants, gloves, and jackets aside, where can I go to physially try on a helmet before I order it? I want to make sure it fits my head and is comfortable and all that good stuff.

Any bike shops here that specialize in helmets? I'm interested in Bells (Sprint) but would like to check out Arais to see if it's worth the 5x in price and whether to buy that and be done with it.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Aww comeone Scubysnack....search some. Just a little..............
Or like google motorcycle gear or something!
Go to cycle gear.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ps. its really poor form to go into a shop, try on all their stuff, get help from the sales assosiates and then leave to go buy all your gear online. how do you think those stores stay open that let you try on everything. i'll give you a hint, they need people to buy stuff from them.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
ps. its really poor form to go into a shop, try on all their stuff, get help from the sales assosiates and then leave to go buy all your gear online. how do you think those stores stay open that let you try on everything. i'll give you a hit, they need people to buy stuff from them.

So true! Instead Scuby, go buy your stuff online, guess your sizes and then waste time and money returning stuff when it doesn't fit or feel comfortable.

There will be plenty of stuff to buy that needs to be purchased locally, places like cycle gear are not going to go out of business. But just FYI: Cycle gear has a really good return policy for helmets, and if you buy gear special order from them, and it doesn't fit when it comes in, they let you exchange it free of charge. Or if it comes in and you don't like it, they return it no restocking fee.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, I didn't mean to suggest that I would try it at the store and buy it online. I just wanted to feel the products, see what they're about, and then go from there.

But I actually found a local store just driving randomly and their prices were very good, so I think I'm gonna buy from them.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts