Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it might be water coming from the drain holes at the bottom of your mirrors. just a thought.

It's not the size of your bike but how you use it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maybe water is being collected in the ram air tube resonators which are being tipped and emptied when you do a stoppie?

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
ah...dont worry about that water, it could just be your a/c unit:D

i usually clean mine by hand so i dont get water in the bike like it seems you might be getting. i dont want to be spraying my bike with a hose...but thats just me.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys/Gals,

I have noticed that when ever i do a stoppie that water flows forth from somewhere. It seems to be on the 1st couple of times after i have washed or ridden in the rain. the thing is that I can wash it "days earlier" then ride and still get water pouring out from somewhere. Is this normal?

Mitch :)
'96 zx-6r
'01 KTM Motard (gone)
' zr-550 (dead)

·
Registered
128 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys.

the water is certianly coming from the ram air ducts. are they suppose to have drains to let the water out? if not is there any harm is drilling a small hole in the bottom of the ducts to let it escape?

Mitch :)
'96 zx-6r
'01 KTM Motard (gone)
' zr-550 (dead)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There are small hole in the resonators but they get plugged easily. The more leaks in the ram air system the less hp it will make. That is why they keep them small. I think some of the early bikes with ram air had some kind of one-way valve that didn't work very well either.

I have a '95. Every time I need to take off the upper fairing I take it all apart and give it a good scrub and unblock all the drains. I also seal the ram air tubes with silicone where they go into the airbox. It makes a noticible difference in the sound the bike makes, especially at idle and may make a bit more hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.