Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Where's the KLR 650 riders?

11K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  GR rider 
#1 ·
For a Kawasaki forum, the KLR threads are sure quiet here. What is it? Shame? Humiliation? Stealth mode? Come out, come where ever you are!?!!

Be brave. Come on out. Sit by the fire. Tell us what you've done to your bike. What you want to do. What you've seen. Where you've been. How many gallons of oil you've used. What Goodwill has the best deals....

Maybe the KLR riders have been banished to the Land of Nod, East of Eden?

#13 ·
For those KLR owners suffering from a weeping oil seal around the oil filter cover, Mama Kaw issued a solution to the problem as this.

Remove the cover bolts and spray the holes and bolts with brake cleaner. Then, fill the bolt holes with hi-temp silicone and re-install the bolts. You do not have to remove the cover.

I'm going to try this today and will report back if that solves the problem.

#15 ·
Tire Choices! With so many to choose from, how do you choose? It all depends on how and. more important, where you ride. I live in two places, Central Florida and Western North Carolina. I just put new Shinko 244s on the KLR because it and I tend to stay in the mountains. Up here, there tires work great! But I'd bet a weeks pay that in central Florida they'd suck out loud. Down there, the 705s would probably be best, but they'd be a real weakness on the forest roads and single tracks up here. If you need new shoes for your scoot, look for forums where the locals talk about what they're using, it could save you some serious bucks on the proper tire for your KLR.

#16 ·
I'll chime in, I hang out on ADVrider and KLR650.net most of the time to.

This was my first KLR, it was stock 80's blue and white when I got it, dropped way to much money into it and sold it like and idiot last fall.

Missed it so much I bought this a couple weeks ago. I leave for Yellowstone on it in about 3 weeks. Got to get my break in miles out of the way in the next couple weeks.

#17 ·
The KLR 650.. my Zombie Apocalypse Escape Vehicle of choice... 2012 black and grey stealth myself

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#19 ·
I got a 2011 Orange KLR650 back in April and like others, I spend most of my time on other forums. ADVrider, KLR650.net and KLRworld. Just come back here occasionally to see what's going on in the rest of the Kawasaki world.

#20 ·
I was blessed
My first KLR a 2015 KLR 650
Odometer <800 miles
Paid $2000
$1000 down
$200 biweekly
JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU
De Shawn! I fell in love with this bike.
Instead of resaleing it it's become my main transportation. I ride everyday. Rain; Snow; Cold ;Hot; Ice it dont matter I RIDE EVERYDAY!
THANK ALL AND BE SAFE
HAPPY RIDING

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.