Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a great offer for this cruiser: I love cruisers but I am not so sure if its practical in NYC.

Cons
1. Gas Milage sucks
2. No Lane splitting
3. 0-60 (ha ha ha)
4. Weighs 4X as much as me
5. Not a great city comutter

Pros
1. Cheaper Insurance
2. Less likely to get into an accident (no lane splitting)
3. Shaft Drive
4. More Comfortable

I cannot decide what I want to do.
Its a 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc's
640 miles
Extended Warranty
Lots of extras
$7500

Or would you just keep your Ninja (if I buy I would sell my ninja)

Its the bike on the Left

·
Registered
206 Posts
quote:
I got a great offer for this cruiser: I love cruisers but I am not so sure if its practical in NYC.

Cons
1. Gas Milage sucks
2. No Lane splitting
3. 0-60 (ha ha ha)
4. Weighs 4X as much as me
5. Not a great city comutter

Pros
1. Cheaper Insurance
2. Less likely to get into an accident (no lane splitting)
3. Shaft Drive
4. More Comfortable

I cannot decide what I want to do.
Its a 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc's
640 miles
Extended Warranty
Lots of extras
$7500

Or would you just keep your Ninja (if I buy I would sell my ninja)

Its the bike on the Left
GET THE CRUISER AND SELL ME THE NINJA Cheap!!!
All for my Selfish reasons :)
I'll do you a favor and do an even trade with you for my ninja250! woo!!! hehe..i'm kidding, keep the ninja! get a cruiser when your retired

Mikey

ps I probably wouldn't have the money to buy your ninja anyways...i'm a poor boy

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:
GET THE CRUISER AND SELL ME THE NINJA Cheap!!!
All for my Selfish reasons :)
I'll do you a favor and do an even trade with you for my ninja250! woo!!! hehe..i'm kidding, keep the ninja! get a cruiser when your retired

Mikey

ps I probably wouldn't have the money to buy your ninja anyways...i'm a poor boy
LOL - I already have a 250 - 2002 yellow with polished rims F1r exhausts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of Sally's friends Husband just bought a Cruiser, a Yamaha V-Star (classic) 650cc its not an 1100 but its was good enough for me to test ride to see if I like the feel of riding a cruiser.

At first it was a bit weird getting used to forward controls, I am still not used to them. Cruisers do not like to be in the lower RMP range, they just stall out if they are in the lower RPM range and not in first. Since they dont have any tachometer it was hard to tell where I was. I was in first, up shifted to 2nd hit the breaks to about 10mph and the bike stalled. It did this a few times until I realized that it doesn't like going 10 - 15 in 2nd gear (lower rpm range). After I figured out the gearing and had a sense for the RPM range I went around the block a few times, which wasn't enough to tell if I like the cruiser feel. Getting it into Neutral was a bitch, I think Kawasaki's Positive Neutral Finder spoiled me. I wouldn't want to deal with trying to getting it into Neutral at a stop (with a stiff clutch) But I hear all Yamaha's are a bitch to get into Neutral. (I guess that's something you just need to get used to)

So I took it out again for a longer trip. Turning wasn't all that different, its a bit heavy in the turns but its manageable. The wind beat the shit out of me when I pushed it, my cruiser helmet came off my head and choked me. What a difference a wind screen makes. Overall I liked the ride but I prefer the sportsbike ride, I feel like I have more control. I am sure it's just that I am not used to it. Major Down side was seeing the Yamaha V-Star - it looks just like the Honda Shadow, They all look alike - That's no fun....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Damn!!!!! I have no answer for you....I JUST LOVE THE SEAT COVERS ON THAT THING!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET THEM???? How does the D&D sound?
-Collin-

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:
Damn!!!!! I have no answer for you....I JUST LOVE THE SEAT COVERS ON THAT THING!!!!! WHERE CAN I GET THEM???? How does the D&D sound?
-Collin-
Thanks =) I decided to keep my bike afterall, my style of riding does not fit a cruiser.

About my seats: The rear is a Cowl (not a seat)
Read my post on seat cowls:
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=84

This is my post on how to make the Seat Cowl and the Passenger seat interchangable:
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27

My Rider seat is a cover, check out my post on Seat Covers:
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=36

here is a page of seat covers that I like:
http://zx6r.com/images/seat/

Let me know if your interested, I may be able to get you a good deal.

The D&D pipe is just a slip-on, nothing major. It sounds good if that's what you want to know =) They are cheap ($200 - 250) and sound a whole hell of a lot better than Stock
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.