Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, its that time again. Your riding hard all day with the guys and you notice "Uhoh I need new brake pads" WHat brands do you guys recomend also I need a new rear tire I have Dunlop Sportmax now but i am thinking of a set of Metzler or Michlin Pilots Again whats your recommendation. I do alot of the curves but I also like to stunt with the wheelies and stoppies. Whatta ya Think?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Get rid of that DunFLOP!! I never had any Pilots but I heard nothing but good from them. And the M1 or M3 are excellent. As far as pads EBC's are a good all round pad. FA188 is the number if I can remember!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have some Michelin Pilot Pwers and i love them.. they grip on curves real nice and for straighways they handle the weight when in a wheelie. SO go for those! I like them! heard nothing but god things from them!

·
Registered
367 Posts
metzler M1s aint that good, same league as dunlop d208f lol. d208RR aint so bad, but you cant go wrong with a michelin pilot power. pilot power 2CT even better still.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by simple guy
Pilot Powers 2CT front and rear
EBC brakes and steel braided brake lines

EBC brakes work well and are what I have on my 9r now... and pilot powers are amazing. I haven't tried to dual compound tire yet, but the regular ones worked well enough to put a sh*t eating grin on my face ;0

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About how many miles are you guys gettin out of tyhe powers? not the 2ct. also, someone recommend a vendor where I can get this stuff for a good price. (i am a budget oriented Kawi rider)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I prefer Michelin Pilot Power Tyres. At least they are now 3500 km old and theres maybe 3 mm left of rear profile. but it depends on your right hand!

with brake pads i have good experiences with the sinter brake pad from ebc or the performance series from lucas

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all. One more question... I don't prefer to ride in the rain, but you get caught in it from time to time. Do the Pilot Powers perform well in the rain. (by well i mean decent speed to trvel on, not draggin knees through the corner)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool beans! thanks guys I just ordered my pilots

Look out for my next post... "Death to a DunFlop :The Burnout" [B)] I'm gonna blow the old dunlop of the bike and tape it for everyone's viewing pleasure [:M61]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.