Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2001 zx6r I had Intuitive and my bike fell over and they broke of in the fairing. Does anyone know of a better brand and if so have they been tested? Got pics?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know the Vortex sliders work well, and after you crash it, you can replace just the pucks instead of having to replace the whole slider. I just ordered an aluminum set for my '04 after checking them out.

I've also heard good things about the Sato sliders, but haven't seen them or had any experience with them.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The vortex sliders are good however I've heard that the actual part breaks off under a lot of impact and they're supposed to do that? I forget but I thought I read a post about that, maybe someone can enlighten us or give us more info. Nonetheless they are good frame sliders and I feel the bike will be safer (at a low speed drop) with them on.

If you're going for the vortex one there used to be 1 on eBay every single time and then another as soon as the prev. one ended. They were black. I picked mine up for $54.00 I believe (w/puck/shipping)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Originally posted by beezer
The vortex sliders are good however I've heard that the actual part breaks off under a lot of impact and they're supposed to do that?
Yep, they bend a bit. If you break it well damn you're hauling ass hopping curves and stuff. Make sure ya go to a bolts supplier and get some extra bolts when you get your frame sliders.:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Intuitive sliders are really good. Never get the street version get the stronger race version. I have gone down at 60mph and they took basically all the damage. Bike rode away and had a few scratches only. Also, get the full set for the bars, swingarm and frame because they work together.

Aluminum frame sliders scare me. If the material you are crashing on is the same density as the frame it seems the frame will bend or crack when it has a great force put on it. I think the whole idea of plastic frame sliders which will absorb some of the energy and wear down seems better for your frame, which is what you are really trying to protect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a set of "Lightining Preformance" Sliders.. They are completely plastic but the guy who sold them to me put them in a vice and beat the hell out of them wit a hammer... Didnt break tho so i went with them... I am sure ill get better ones soon....

·
Registered
359 Posts
So does anybody have any pictures of the Vortex sliders on a 00-02??

·
Registered
160 Posts
I crashed at about 100mph on a set of intuitive sliders. They did really well, especially considering there was a 450-pound RC51 pig on top of 'em. They wore down a bit, and one actually bent a little under the weight. Intuitive sent me a new slider by itself, so replacement parts are easy to come by. I'd stay away from anything metal, as metal tends to grab asphault (which in turn flips bikes), and also can develope sharp edges which can tear leathers/skin etc..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.